I need a Brompton

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by mr_cellophane, 29 Apr 2010.

1. mr_cellophane

mr_cellophane Guru

2. Origamist

Origamist Guru

If you can outsprint Roberto Heras to win the BWC, you're one hell of a rider;)

3. Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang Guru

You'd be doing quite well to win that race. I took part in the 2008 race and Roberto Heras and some other quite tasty Spanish cyclists turned up. Heras only came 2nd surpringly. The winner was a small chap who accepted his prize (of a new Brompton) with a baby strapped to a back. I know a woman who would have walked the ladies' race that year, but she was away. The next year, some semi-professional cyclist took the prize. I came 25th, having put in some serious, serious effort. I don't know where I came among those Brompton racers who hadn't replaced their pedals with SPDs.

4. downfader

downfader extimus uero philosophus

Love Bromtons and would so have one of those top end bikes they do (titanium frame I think):evil:

5. Will1985

Will1985 Über Member

You'd have to already a household name to have a chance of winning that - the top 5 were all known in the world of time trialling and road racing. I finished 38th in 25:14 having raced the TT an hour before. Started next to Hutch and struggled to hold on to his wheel in the first 400m.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice