I Need a Teapot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
Yes I do. I've gotten it into my head that I need one. So, what one to get? I can't decide if a ceramic or stainless steel teapot would be better. Or if I would need a tea cosey and a teapot stand too.
So come on all you teapot owners, what should I get? :biggrin:

wafflycat

Using leaf tea ('natch) I find a cafetiere is my teapot of choice. Great for brewing leaf tea. Brew - plunge - no need for strainer, no 'stewing' of tea.

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Dayvo said:
One of these?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tea-Pots-Coffee-Espresso-Home/b?ie=UTF8&node=10706981

I like the red one in the middle.

And of course a tea cosy! Ask Arch to knit you one.

Wow, that's a lot of tea pots to choose from! Do you think Arch would knit me a guinea pig tea pot cosy ;).

What keeps the tea warmer, do both ceramic & stainless steel do the job equally well?
I'm veering towards the stainless steel type in case I drop it, the ceramic type wouldn't fare too well against the kitchen tiles I'd not have thought :biggrin:

wafflycat

Of all the teapots I've had the pleasure of drinking tea from over the many, many years of my long, rapidly approaching old age & decrepitude life... the absolute best tea has been from a proper silver teapot. But silver teapots tend to be darned expensive to buy. After that, it's been the cafetiere approach that's produced the best tea IMO.

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
wafflycat said:
Of all the teapots I've had the pleasure of drinking tea from over the many, many years of my long, rapidly approaching old age & decrepitude life... the absolute best tea has been from a proper silver teapot. But silver teapots tend to be darned expensive to buy. After that, it's been the cafetiere approach that's produced the best tea IMO.

So that's when you have that sieve thing and use leafs instead of bags?

Top Bottom