I need a..........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
track pump recommendation.

I currently use a Wrench Force jobbie which does an excellent job of inflating my road bike tyres to 100 psi plus mainly because of the vice-like grip the connector has on the threadless valve stems my bike has.

However the vice-like grip is not so welcome on my tourer which has threaded valve stems. The connector goes on to the stem right enough, but there it wants to stay. It takes so much pulling on it that yesterday I pulled the valve from the tube.

So lads and lasses, can you recommend a good quality track pump which is a little easier to remove from Presta threaded valve stems?

rusky

CC Addict
I have a Innovations Top Dog ST, Evans have them at £24.99 at the moment, very pleased with it.

They also have the Deluxe version for £5 more, it has the guage at the top of the pump.

After cracking plastic barrels and similar I bought a metal column and metal based SKS / Renn Kompressor which has lasted me faultlessly for the last 5 years.

The reviews that comment on the Schraeder / Presta I cannot understand as it comes with a simple standard adapter, screw on to the Presta and lock on as normal - never had a problem. Having said that the friend who recommended this to me replaced his hose with a Topeak "Twinhead" one which does not need the adapter.

Top Bottom