I need an update on best cordless vacuum cleaners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Technology moves so fast and its been a while since this subject was discussed.
We are now ready to take the plunge and would like to know the latest thinking.
Criterea.
We both have bad backs so lighter is better.
Its a large house with stairs.
Good suction obvs
Good battery
We have carpets and hard floors.
Your informed thoughts welcome.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Dyson. Much to the disappointment of some on here, it's been working flawlessly for 3 years now and does the job well.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
+1 for the cordless dyson... despite what I think about his ethics and tax avoidance, they do make good vacuum cleaners.

The G-tech one worked well for about a year or more but the battery life and constant emptying made it tedious.

geocycle

Legendary Member
We’ve a cordless Dyson. Excellent for 2 years, really easy to use, charge and empty. Our house is pretty low maintenance with wooden floors and no pets or teenagers. The cleaners at work were less impressed with the cordless Dyson they have been given so it might be down to specific applications.

We bought a Dyson V8 animal. Very pleased so far although the fine plaster dust I was making gave it a bit of a hissy fit

My Mum got a Gtech AirRam a few years ago and thought it was brilliant.

Mrs Smoo, (who helped Mum out with cleaning), was so impressed so she bought the MK2 AirRam, she is equally impressed with it, and now Mum's no longer with us the M.I.L. has got Mums old Mk1 and guess what, she loves it too.

The only downside of the AirRam is the lack of tools, but she keeps an old Dyson for that, even though the suction hose is forever falling off, but I'd never buy another Dyson, not for any political James Dyson reasons, simply because IMO they are vastly over priced.

TBH they're all overpriced, even Gtechs, but Dysons just seem to take it to another level, case in point, £600!!! £600 for a feckin' vacuum cleaner :surrender:

We've also got the Gtech MULTI which is also excellent, and has an extending hose too so it does make up for the AirRam not having tools in this respect but obviously isn't designed to do a full clean with.

CharlesF

Guru
We have a corded Dyson, about 10 years old, works very well. Nevertheless I was hankering after a cordless one, until I saw the price of the V11 - silly money. The Dyson website had a V7 plus many attachments for £199 which was more my price. Boy is it great.

First go over the carpets and you’d be forgiven if you thought we had never vacuumed before. It gets up a lot if very fine dust. Only very minor drawback is there is one head for carpets and one for hard floors. Just need to be more organised with your cleaning.

Fully recommend the Dyson V7.

icowden

Veteran
Another vote for Dyson. You can probably pick up a good second hand one if the silly money for the V11 is unappealing. I'm on a V8 I think and it works fine. Just have to make sure you empty it when it gets to MAX level, and not when the thing finally stops sucking in protest.

Top Bottom