I need help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AllyD831

I need to figure out how much my bike is worth

Attachments

• 16189830350374991074677783866173.jpg
    16189830350374991074677783866173.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 14

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Because of the poor availability of new bike secondhand prices have gone a bit crazy. Normally s bike like yours in reasonable condition and ready to ride might have been around $130 but now who knows.

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
This bicycle appears to be an old Huffy or Murray or Columbia, basic hardware, department store or supermarket offering, maybe a bicycle dealer, but the BMA sticker on the seat tube is a dead giveaway of the mass-market nature of the bicycle. Knowing how much the cost of living is in Washington State, I still wouldn't go over $100 dollars on a good day, with the wind behind me. In the Midwest, about half that.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
UK cycling forum? I thought this was the worldwide web? And the address is .net, not .co.uk... so anyone could be forgiven for thinking it might be international. Which I thought it was, even if it has been hijacked by mainly UK members?
Yes, it's the worldwide web. And whatever its address, this is a UK cycling forum, as could be noted by anyone who did even the most cursory scan. So how are the 99-point-something% of CC posters who are in the UK (or even the few who are in Germany, Denmark or Ghana) to price a second hand bike on the American market?

So how are the 99-point-something% of CC posters who are in the UK (or even the few who are in Germany, Denmark or Ghana) to price a second hand bike on the American market?
With great difficulty or near zero accuracy.
A point that could be made in friendlier terms.
And could certainly be done without mocking.

This place is becoming less friendlier by the day.:sad:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Yes, it's the worldwide web. And whatever its address, this is a UK cycling forum, as could be noted by anyone who did even the most cursory scan. So how are the 99-point-something% of CC posters who are in the UK (or even the few who are in Germany, Denmark or Ghana) to price a second hand bike on the American market?
The simple answer - if you can't help the OP, just ignore the question. There are a few US based members who could maybe help with the request for information. If not, the thread just falls to the bottom of the page and disappears like all the rest, eventually. No big deal.....

Top Bottom