I need new shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
After about 20 years of use, my fabulous Endura MT500 MTB shorts are finally close to being ready for the bin. I've looked for a straight replacement but it seems these are no longer made and have been replaced by a newer product but the Endura website neglects to say what this product is called.

Does anyone know where I could get a new pair of MT500s (old stock) or what the equivalent is in the current Endura line-up?

I don't want bibshorts or shorts so thin you could spit through them. My old MT500s are quite a thick material and are super comfy and hard-wearing.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Have you tried Humvee shorts

Is this this the sort of thing ?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/endura-hummvee-ii-shorts-with-liner-2017/rp-prod157698

vickster

Legendary Member
After about 20 years of use, my fabulous Endura MT500 MTB shorts are finally close to being ready for the bin. I've looked for a straight replacement but it seems these are no longer made and have been replaced by a newer product but the Endura website neglects to say what this product is called.

Does anyone know where I could get a new pair of MT500s (old stock) or what the equivalent is in the current Endura line-up?

I don't want bibshorts or shorts so thin you could spit through them. My old MT500s are quite a thick material and are super comfy and hard-wearing.
Call Endura and ask?

T: +44 (0)1506 497749

E: ukenquiry@endura.co.uk

They do have several MT500 options in their range

https://www.endurasport.com/products/browse/?SetFilter=1&FilterStr=DEMOGRAPHIC_3-NAV_CAT_19

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Were your nuts hanging out ?
Maybe hanging out with the wind, not the TOWIE crowd:smile:.
Another recommendation for Humvees, comfortable, deep pockets and also come with a belt loop and belt. You can clip in the pad or not as desired.
Bit expensive but will give you excellent service.

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Those are all baggy shorts, mine are 6-panel lycra but much thicker than most.
Similar to these:

https://www.endurasport.com/product/hyperon-ii-short/

shorts.png

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Another recommendation for Humvees, comfortable, deep pockets and also come with a belt loop and belt. You can clip in the pad or not as desired.
Bit expensive but will give you excellent service.
I usually wear Humvees these days (<--- see avatar) except when it is cold and I am wearing tights. I do find them quite comfortable now that my waist is smaller than it was, but the belt wasn't very pleasant when I had an extra 5 or 6 inches of flab there! They can also feel a bit too warm once the temperature gets much above 20 degrees C.

I remember liking the look of the Endura MTB shorts but never got round to trying a pair.

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

I've emailed Endura to ask what they've replaced my MT500s with.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I usually wear Humvees these days (<--- see avatar) except when it is cold and I am wearing tights. I do find them quite comfortable now that my waist is smaller than it was, but the belt wasn't very pleasant when I had an extra 5 or 6 inches of flab there! They can also feel a bit too warm once the temperature gets much above 20 degrees C.

I remember liking the look of the Endura MTB shorts but never got round to trying a pair.
All the more incentive to loose the flab!

I'm wearing them now, its 28c and I'm as cool as a cucumber. In fact I wear them almost all the time, on or off the bike.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
All the more incentive to loose the flab!

I'm wearing them now, its 28c and I'm as cool as a cucumber.
I've lost 2/3 of it! The rest should go this summer ...

I don't think that I would like 28C in Humvees, well certainly not with the heavy-duty liners anyway. Perhaps wearing something lighter underneath instead?

I tend to suffer from the heat, not so much from the cold.

Top Bottom