I need some Huge size overshoes....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...where can I get some overshoes to go over my size 13 road shoes? The biggest I have seen online says sizes 11-13 which I just know from experience means that they will be too tight or not even fit at all.

Seems to me that the cyclewear industry is not at all geared towards the 'larger' profile in any aspect of clothing design. Which is a surprise given the number of large cyclists I see posting on the net who just like me are in it to lose weight and enjoy the ride as well.

Keith Oates

Janner
If you can't even find them 'on-line' it could be a problem, a specific enquirey to SJS cycles or similar might get you some good results!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

well i git a nice reply from a chap called Chris who said that they dont have any that big, but suggested maybe a wet suit supplier might have something similar....Endura will apparently be making wider sized shoes ready for thgis winter but right now it's not available.....I dunno about wet suit shoes...seems a little extreme to me..oh well I( guess I'll have to manage with two pairs of socks and a polythene bag :blush:

Icicle19

BTFB - I too had this problem, I have size 48 road and mtb/leisure shoes. A couple of suggestions for overshoes:

Road - Adidas Climaproof road version size XXL. I had to ring the importer/distributor and get them to send a pair to my lbs. Sorry, I can't remember who the importer is, might be Chicken, or was it Jim Walker? Anyway, if these are still available they might be worth a try.

MTB/leisure - Litespeed XL neoprene overshoes are stretchy and a good fit. I might have got these from Cycle Promotions one day sale.

Hope this helps, or at least gives you something to hunt for !! Good luck.

barq

I'm a size 12 and I ended up buying waterproof MTB shoes. It was an expensive option but it is wonderful not having to deal with overshoes slipping off all the time. I opted for Gaerne - Wiggle seem to have stopped doing them which is a real shame. I think Moore Large are the new distributors.

I know its not really what you are after, but it might be worth a thought.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I am hoping my search may be over:

http://www.evanscycles.com/product.jsp?style=21053

these should fit over my size 47 roadshoes...just need to get them here b4 Friday:ohmy:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Bigtallfatbloke said:
well i git a nice reply from a chap called Chris who said that they dont have any that big, but suggested maybe a wet suit supplier might have something similar....Endura will apparently be making wider sized shoes ready for thgis winter but right now it's not available.....I dunno about wet suit shoes...seems a little extreme to me..oh well I( guess I'll have to manage with two pairs of socks and a polythene bag ;)

I used to do a lot of diving, the old timers then used to talk about how they used to make their own gear. Shouldn't be too difficult to get some neoprene and make your own, you can just glue the stuff together.

Top Bottom