I need your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
With the membership of CC surely it would be possible to get membership which included something like third party insurance, or some free cycle gloves, or some CycleChat bike lights which only work on a strobe projecting the CC logo directly into oncoming retina.

I'd also buy kit that has "Wanton, furious and proud of it" on the back.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
With the membership of CC surely it would be possible to get membership which included something like third party insurance, or some free cycle gloves, or some CycleChat bike lights which only work on a strobe projecting the CC logo directly into oncoming retina.
I would settle for the 'CycleChat sponsor' badge!

I suppose if Shaun were really chuffed with the sponsorship revenue, then it could be an 'Esteemed CycleChat sponsor' badge! :laugh:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
... CycleChat bike lights which only work on a strobe projecting the CC logo directly into oncoming retina.
For some reason, this came into my mind:
upload_2017-10-5_18-33-11.png

Tim Hall

I think it is time to set up an ongoing voluntary CycleChat subscription scheme!

Surely, all but the most hard up of us wouldn't find (say) £1-2 a month unaffordable? (Better off members could always pay more if they wanted to.) We should easily cover the forum's running costs and finally allow Shaun to start making an income from all of his hard work.

Perhaps each patron could have a 'CycleChat sponsor' badge displayed under their avatar?
The CycleChat sponsor badge is a really bad idea, IMO.

postman

Legendary Member
Three times a nightly pee when you get to my age...

Only three times you are lucky,when i were .Anyway Postman has just done his latest delivery ever ever ever,and is proud to do so.I would also like to say,i would pay a subscription fee yearly.As long as it stayed open for those who cannot subscribe due to circumstances.

Last edited:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
A certain other cycling forum runs on a voluntary £1/month subscription paid by standing order. The running costs are rather lower I'd imagine as it's smaller and simpler, but there's no problem with raising enough cash to cover those costs.

The main forum I am on is, just like this one run F.O.C. however it does carry advertising which doesn't slow the site down at all. The owner of the site does also run another forum where he charges £15 per annum for membership, but when paid up, any member can opt not to see any advertising simply by clicking a link.

Charging to be a member of a forum is always a sticky subject and only one that can be answered by the forums owner.

Writing or speaking personally, as far as I am concerned then I would support a forum charge of £££ say ££££ £15 per annum which I would willingly pay, but for it to be a voluntary fee/contribution then that is where I would start taking exception to, as you will always get quite a significant number who wouldn't subscribe!!!

For Christ's sake, how much would an annual subscription to a magazine cost and none of them would give you anything near as much as this amazing forum does on a daily basis 365 days per year, every year.

Tin Pot

Guru
Hello everyone,

You’ve all been incredibly supportive of CycleChat by continuing to visit and help grow this forum into the busy and popular cycling community it is today, but I need a hand with settling some of the bills generated by the set up and running of CC.

It will probably surprise most people to learn that I've never made any profit from CycleChat. Instead I have spent a lot of my own money keeping it running, which I've done because I love the community we have here on the forum and want to keep it advertisement free for members. I know that an ad-free site is what we all prefer.

So if you’ve ever got something out of CycleChat and wanted to give something back, now is your opportunity to do so.

How much are we talking? Well I need to raise £3,500 for the immediate CycleChat bills, and anything over this will contribute to future running costs and greatly ease the financial pressures.

I’ve set up a page where you can make a contribution

Donations are entirely voluntary and you can choose to make them anonymous.

Anyone who doesn't feel able to help out financially can still make a positive difference by creating new threads - which attracts visitors, increases our Google footprint, helps generate ad impressions, and encourages new members to join - or by clicking on the shopping links when you buy bikes and gear from your favourite retailers (it doesn't cost you any more and CC gets a few pennies commission).

Note: contributions go through PayPal but if you'd prefer to use direct bank transfer, just click this link to PM me for bank details.

In the meantime I have moved to a more cost effective server, which should help keep CC ticking along as we move forward.

I want to thank you all personally for helping to make CycleChat one the best and busiest cycling forums in the UK.

Many thanks,
Shaun

Can I ask what the breakdown of the £3,500 is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom