I need your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I agree, I think it would make people who chose not to sponsor or couldn't really afford it feel guilty/pressured.

I like the idea of a small monthly or annual donation, though. The reward would have to be the warm feeling you get from being a nice person (TM)
It's gone, to this fella
NICE PERSON SOCIETY is a trademark of Cleveland, Warren Craig. Filed in March 1 (2017)

Andywinds

Do Postal Orders still exist? Might be an option.
I think the lack of funds are the problem, not method of payment!

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far. I'm blown away by the response. It's very humbling and much appreciated. Thank you also to those of you creating new threads, welcoming new members, answering questions, and otherwise helping to grow CC - that's valuable too.

I don't think it is unreasonable to ask what the money is going to be spent on. CC has cost a lot to develop, over many years, and it has not always generated enough to cover costs. I've propped it up with my own money for a long time, and borrowed to keep it going too, but due to a downturn in ad revenue in recent years it has caught up with me. The money raised will be going towards a number of things including, settling development debt, overdue rental for the previous server, a small repayment of borrowed savings, software licensing, upcoming server rental and backup fees, and a couple of other smaller service items.

I've made some changes that will hopefully help to balance things out as we move forward. We're now on a cheaper (but better) server; I've enabled some additional merchant links within posts; and I'll be linking to a list of merchants that earn CC some commission from the top of the page so that members can "tip" CC when buying from their preferred retailers (Note: I don't want anyone using a different retailer just to help CC - shop where you normally shop, and if it's on the list, please consider going via a link on CC).

I may need to consider other things in the future, but I won't be forcing people to subscribe, that's not what CC is about.

We have a fantastic community. Over the past decade countless cyclists have been encouraged, supported, and helped by CC'ers and many have stayed and visit daily as a result. We have a great mix of cycling expertise and random off-topic chat, and rarely does a cycling question go unanswered. This is what makes it all worthwhile and why we all continue to invest in CC. It's worth it. :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I don't think it is unreasonable to ask what the money is going to be spent on. CC has cost a lot to develop, over many years, and it has not always generated enough to cover costs. I've propped it up with my own money for a long time, and borrowed to keep it going too, but due to a downturn in ad revenue in recent years it has caught up with me. The money raised will be going towards a number of things including, settling development debt, overdue rental for the previous server, a small repayment of borrowed savings, software licensing, upcoming server rental and backup fees, and a couple of other smaller service items
I would've just said "A new bike." Keep 'em guessing!

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far. I'm blown away by the response. It's very humbling and much appreciated. Thank you also to those of you creating new threads, welcoming new members, answering questions, and otherwise helping to grow CC - that's valuable too.

I don't think it is unreasonable to ask what the money is going to be spent on. CC has cost a lot to develop, over many years, and it has not always generated enough to cover costs. I've propped it up with my own money for a long time, and borrowed to keep it going too, but due to a downturn in ad revenue in recent years it has caught up with me. The money raised will be going towards a number of things including, settling development debt, overdue rental for the previous server, a small repayment of borrowed savings, software licensing, upcoming server rental and backup fees, and a couple of other smaller service items.

I've made some changes that will hopefully help to balance things out as we move forward. We're now on a cheaper (but better) server; I've enabled some additional merchant links within posts; and I'll be linking to a list of merchants that earn CC some commission from the top of the page so that members can "tip" CC when buying from their preferred retailers (Note: I don't want anyone using a different retailer just to help CC - shop where you normally shop, and if it's on the list, please consider going via a link on CC).

I may need to consider other things in the future, but I won't be forcing people to subscribe, that's not what CC is about.

We have a fantastic community. Over the past decade countless cyclists have been encouraged, supported, and helped by CC'ers and many have stayed and visit daily as a result. We have a great mix of cycling expertise and random off-topic chat, and rarely does a cycling question go unanswered. This is what makes it all worthwhile and why we all continue to invest in CC. It's worth it. :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Pffft - posted from a Bangkok hotel room surrounded by hookers and ching no doubt.

:laugh:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
The last time I felt like doing it five times a night was just before I finished the first effort.

Oh those were the days :laugh:

pclay

Veteran
I have been a member for quite a few years, but have not been nearly as active as most. Out of interest, is there any information on the founding member and the history of CC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom