I need your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I think it is time to set up an ongoing voluntary CycleChat subscription scheme!

Surely, all but the most hard up of us wouldn't find (say) £1-2 a month unaffordable? (Better off members could always pay more if they wanted to.) We should easily cover the forum's running costs and finally allow Shaun to start making an income from all of his hard work.

Perhaps each patron could have a 'CycleChat sponsor' badge displayed under their avatar?

Good idea imo.

Randombiker9

Along with Paypal there is a bank transfer option.
I. don't have a bank account or a job.

U

User33236

A few pennies chucked in the bucket.

As above would be more than happy to pay a regular, optional, subscription of a couple of quid or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just sent shaun this pm, does anyone know if its do-able..

After reading your thread , re help with cyclechat costs, it struck me that some people wishing to donate may not be able to afford it, I thought to myself surely most of us have some item of cycle clothing or cycle parts that we no longer use,
would it be ok with you if I start a thread in the for sale section, (or perhaps you could word it better than I could ) whereby anyone could sell unused items and donate the proceeds to the cyclechat costs,i wonder if you know if it could it be set up in such a way that the payment goes straight to you and both parties can see that has happened, before posting the item.

Thanks

roadrash

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
It's also worth mentioning (if not already somewhere) that you don't have to have a Paypal account to donate. The payment page has a GUEST option, where you can just make a one-off donation with a card.

PayPal will ask you if you want to create an account after the donation has gone through, but just click to Not Now button.

It's a good idea if it's workable.

But I'm pretty sure Shaun isn't expecting folks who haven't got spare cash to donate. He pointed out that putting up interesting threads etc also helps the site. No one should feel bad or guilty for not donating if they can't spare it, that's not what CycleChat's about - not to me, anyway.
What if, like @rich p, you are one of the privileged but poor and also have no means of posting anything remotely interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom