I need your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Hello everyone,

You’ve all been incredibly supportive of CycleChat by continuing to visit and help grow this forum into the busy and popular cycling community it is today, but I need a hand with settling some of the bills generated by the set up and running of CC.

It will probably surprise most people to learn that I've never made any profit from CycleChat. Instead I have spent a lot of my own money keeping it running, which I've done because I love the community we have here on the forum and want to keep it advertisement free for members. I know that an ad-free site is what we all prefer.

So if you’ve ever got something out of CycleChat and wanted to give something back, now is your opportunity to do so.

How much are we talking? Well I need to raise £3,500 for the immediate CycleChat bills, and anything over this will contribute to future running costs and greatly ease the financial pressures.

I’ve set up a page where you can make a contribution

Donations are entirely voluntary and you can choose to make them anonymous.

Anyone who doesn't feel able to help out financially can still make a positive difference by creating new threads - which attracts visitors, increases our Google footprint, helps generate ad impressions, and encourages new members to join - or by clicking on the shopping links when you buy bikes and gear from your favourite retailers (it doesn't cost you any more and CC gets a few pennies commission).

Note: contributions go through PayPal but if you'd prefer to use direct bank transfer, just click this link to PM me for bank details.

In the meantime I have moved to a more cost effective server, which should help keep CC ticking along as we move forward.

I want to thank you all personally for helping to make CycleChat one the best and busiest cycling forums in the UK.

Many thanks,
Shaun

spen666

Legendary Member
@Shaun It may encourage people to realise how much this site costs to run if you give some idea of what the £3500 immediate bills are for?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think it is time to set up an ongoing voluntary CycleChat subscription scheme!

Surely, all but the most hard up of us wouldn't find (say) £1-2 a month unaffordable? (Better off members could always pay more if they wanted to.) We should easily cover the forum's running costs and finally allow Shaun to start making an income from all of his hard work.

Perhaps each patron could have a 'CycleChat sponsor' badge displayed under their avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom