I picked up my first ever RoadBike last night......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris-H

Über Member
Just come across this thread and it has been a really enjoyable read, thank you for sharing. I now have an Allez sport, I brought it a few weeks ago after selling my Bianchi back in the summer and must say i prefer the spesh over the Bianchi anytime :thumbsup:

OP
OP
y2blade

y2blade

2014 started today with 45mins on the Turbo Trainer with ACDC as my soundtrack, I'm ready for lunch.

9D607AF9-F357-4CE8-9221-B986C36587A8_zpsut60axlb.jpg

clockman

Über Member
Just been reading this thread myself. Really sounds like your addicted! Some really good photos, enough to inspire anyone to get out on their bike and enjoy the scenery.
I also found swapping to a road bike last year was great. A lot quicker and pot holes definitely need to be planned for! Not looking forward to the state of the roads after the rain over Xmas break.

Re the Mundos: I bought a pair of these the other week , haven't fitted them yet though
069BE9F2-D02F-4F03-A3F0-69ECE0DB6EA6-3480-0000076C74E55A36_zpscb94536e.jpg

How do you find the lithion 2? I've read mixed reviews but decided to take a punt and get myself a pair as they were only £25 in pro bike kits Christmas sale.

OP
OP
y2blade

y2blade

How do you find the lithion 2? I've read mixed reviews but decided to take a punt and get myself a pair as they were only £25 in pro bike kits Christmas sale.

I'll be honest I'm still on the Mundos, the Lithion2 s are still hanging where they were in that picture.

btw my bum bones are feeling tender today, looks like my short winter break was enough to soften them up!

OP
OP
y2blade

y2blade

Another 45mins on the TT tonight.
Apart from arsebones feeling slightly tender I'm feeling great, very good to be back in the saddle

OP
OP
y2blade

y2blade

Have been hitting the TT regularly all the while my local roads have been flooded...now i'm out and about on the MTB as roads are very potholed and covered in sharp debris, plus I enjoy MTB but hoping to get out on the Road bike very soon though....I need to get some road miles in ahead of the Magnificat in July.

some pics from my recent MTB rides.
After a long winter on the turbo trainer it was good to be pedalling in the fresh air.
4D75A2BB-A0B3-4FF9-B2EB-C3075F7B22B8_zps1c0bysuo.jpg

37B57826-934A-45E8-92A2-8A38B628CAD0_zpsprmrucpd.jpg

4DC54AF0-84E4-4E1A-87F1-B0F3CE7CF4E1_zpsojr1d1ww.jpg

74161C7E-D699-4EB6-8E16-85275B9F19E3_zpsx4nifjjg.jpg

CDBD4576-3DEA-4DF0-8933-F75889429772_zpspvmsnkbr.jpg

7EB1468A-9F8A-43E5-97CE-391FA0E20E39_zpsedm2tefk.jpg

BFBD83BF-9CE1-4D2C-9E74-90F77D132DFE_zpszlae0gth.jpg

Globalti

Legendary Member
I did my first 25miler at the weekend.
legs are achy today, feels good.

D0A58D5A-00EB-422F-B8B4-9EC6C3F35C9C-1742-00000302B4C2093B_zpsd0a11eac.jpg

I can't believe nobody has noticed this.... the OP has shown you THREE pictures of his front brake with the cable release lever OPEN!

Dude - see that lever on the bolt where the cable is attached? That should be in the downward position. You'll see how it cams shut and stays shut, shortening the cable. This is the normal riding position, up is the open position to make it easier to get the tyres past the brake blocks. Adjust the brake cable length so that the blocks are a couple of mm away from the rim and get them set flat to the rims so that they snap shut with a little "clack" when you grab the brake lever. After a wet mucky ride, remove the pads and clean them and the rims and pick the little shiny bits of grit out of the pad surfaces.

OP
OP
y2blade

y2blade

I can't believe nobody has noticed this.... the OP has shown you THREE pictures of his front brake with the cable release lever OPEN!

Dude - see that lever on the bolt where the cable is attached? That should be in the downward position. You'll see how it cams shut and stays shut, shortening the cable. This is the normal riding position, up is the open position to make it easier to get the tyres past the brake blocks. Adjust the brake cable length so that the blocks are a couple of mm away from the rim and get them set flat to the rims so that they snap shut with a little "clack" when you grab the brake lever. After a wet mucky ride, remove the pads and clean them and the rims and pick the little shiny bits of grit out of the pad surfaces.

I already spotted it and sorted it, but thanks anyway.

Told you I was a Roadbike Newbie, it was like that when I got it from previous owner & didn't "click" on what the cam'd lever was for for ages lol.

Top Bottom