I picked up my first ever RoadBike last night......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Usually excess ptures is a sign, bear in mind the isolated 1 or 2 is normal but 3 in a row is a sign of failure or extreme bad luck ;)
Or a sign of not removing the shard of glass/thorn etc. from the tyre OR of being clumsy with tyre levers putting the tyre back on!

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
15.9miles tonight, cracking evening to be out on it.

8581FECF-0FE2-4EE0-A7F7-DE3B7DD3F161-4008-000005EF243D9783_zps0f90d83d.jpg

8B477F68-269C-4344-9EC4-9E98B6D90011-4008-000005EF2D734ADE_zpsb6ee3b94.jpg

6AE5C462-4327-46F4-8739-00572773444D-4036-00000609511433DD_zpsed81046f.jpg

Now thats whats its all about !

OP
OP
y2blade

y2blade

Thank you chaps.
I had to adjust the tension the rear mech A touch halfway around my route last night as I noticed it was needing a little bit of movement past the "click" on the upshifts, about half-3/4 of a turn on the thumbscrew fine-tuned it out.

Shifting like a dream now

OP
OP
y2blade

y2blade

I'm in Newbury (in the town). If you're not far and ever want to meet up for a ride give me a shout.

Excellent, will do, I'm out in the sticks (as you'll have seen from my pics)...for now I'm happy riding at my own pace though while I build-up the miles and get myself road fit.

Today:
First proper ride since holiday and getting the bike fitted properly... 15miles...felt great. got a PB up "Killer Hill".
lots of flies though, nightmare when trying to pull as much oxygen in as possible

flatflr

Guru
No worries. Didn't realise there was a bridge like that in the area, I'm guessing it's to the south as I've ridded a lot of the lanes to the north.

Nice bike BTW :smile:

wxbull

Great thread. I have an allez from 2009, and have done about 1500 miles on it since mid march. Lovely bike. I am tempted to go up to an allez sport at some point, is it worth it anyone?

OP
OP
y2blade

y2blade

Great thread. I have an allez from 2009, and have done about 1500 miles on it since mid march. Lovely bike. I am tempted to go up to an allez sport at some point, is it worth it anyone?

I've no idea tbh sorry, what is the difference between the two?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Totally agree Bongman. Its good to see someone actually appreciating what they are cycling past or through rather than concentrating on what they look like as they speed past.
I thought you were supposed to ride till you barf or pass out? I was certainly close to the former last nightxx(
there is a youtube cartoon clip about it but my google fu is weak atm.

OP
OP
y2blade

y2blade

erm.....I've added a "Ding-Ding" bell.

It's flipping brilliant for letting Horses and their riders know I'm approaching ...stops the "silent surprise" appearance that makes some horses jump when cycles pass.

I know this because we have Horses...and silent cycles coming past can really make some horses spook.

Top Bottom