I popped my Cherry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
First ride into work on my Paddy Wagon. 31 miles return, for my first ever fixed ride.
After nearly being chucked over the bars 5 times on the way in my return this evening was smooth as silk....I've been converted to the joys of fixed!:biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You'll have the hang of it by the end of the week

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Vikeonabike said:
First ride into work on my Paddy Wagon. 31 miles return, for my first ever fixed ride.
After nearly being chucked over the bars 5 times on the way in my return this evening was smooth as silk....I've been converted to the joys of fixed!:ohmy:

I found day 2 was worse as I got over confident. It does get easier however take it easy the first time you go down a big hill :tongue:

OP
OP
Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike

Hit 30 mph today......Put a grin on my face...not sure how many RPM that was but I wasn't in control of my legs.
Only one forgetful moment on the way in today. None on the way home.
Feeling my hamstrings more than I did on a freewheel bike though

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's why I got a computer with cadence - frightening to see some old legs whizz round at 160 rpm - especially as I've never been a spinner.

derall

Guru
Vikeonabike said:
Hit 30 mph today......Put a grin on my face...not sure how many RPM that was but I wasn't in control of my legs.
Only one forgetful moment on the way in today. None on the way home.
Feeling my hamstrings more than I did on a freewheel bike though

I have this to look forward to tomorrow - got my nice new Charge Plug today, been pottering around London and the Chilterns on the freewheel today, have just flipped the wheel and tomorrow I take on the Chilterns fixed...:biggrin:

Radius

SHREDDER
derall said:
I have this to look forward to tomorrow - got my nice new Charge Plug today, been pottering around London and the Chilterns on the freewheel today, have just flipped the wheel and tomorrow I take on the Chilterns fixed...:biggrin:

Make sure you have some foot retention.

OP
OP
Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike

Two weeks in and 300 miles up....now a converted fixed rider. Love the ride. can't wait to up my commute distance next week.

Top Bottom