Well, I joined The Club.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Jon George

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
As a postscript for today's 'experiments', I would like to add that the 13 mile ride I did left me feeling the same (knackered) way as I do for a qualifying ride in the 50km challenge. I appreciate the physiological reasons why this should be the case, but what I have not factored in (as a Newbie to Fixed Gear) is the powerful dopamine hit from exercising harder. It will come as no surprise to you Fixed Gear aficionados that about an hour-and-an-half afterwards I was considering going out again. ^_^

D

Deleted member 1258

As a postscript for today's 'experiments', I would like to add that the 13 mile ride I did left me feeling the same (knackered) way as I do for a qualifying ride in the 50km challenge. I appreciate the physiological reasons why this should be the case, but what I have not factored in (as a Newbie to Fixed Gear) is the powerful dopamine hit from exercising harder. It will come as no surprise to you Fixed Gear aficionados that about an hour-and-an-half afterwards I was considering going out again. ^_^

If you'd been on fixed and on Cycle Chat in 2014 you might have enjoyed this CC ride, all riders on fixed and 108 miles covered at a steady pace on an all day ride, great fun.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/100-mile-fixed-gear-ride-spring-2014.136598/page-16

Top Bottom