Well, I joined The Club.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
It looks like its well above the safe insertion point,

That looks a very long stem, wheres the minimum insertion mark on that?
@dave r your turning into @Dave7 with your smutty innuendos. :stop:

OP
OP
Jon George

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
After I got out my micrometer to ascertain the actual thread size of the replacement bottle cage screws I needed (rather than via a tape measure - done in haste :whistle:), they arrived today. With the bike now 'officially' finished and tweaked to fit, I thought it rude not to go out and build some muscle memory. Great fun!
(I've decided that riding a Fixed Gear, as opposed to my usual bikes, is rather like using an exceptionally sharp kitchen knife compared to a dinning knife: if you don't treat it with increased respect there's a good chance you'll end up in A&E.)
Here's a pic of the final additions. (And the rate the honeysuckle is growing, I'm surprised I was able to untangle it afterwards. ^_^)

photo (18).JPG

D

Deleted member 1258

After I got out my micrometer to ascertain the actual thread size of the replacement bottle cage screws I needed (rather than via a tape measure - done in haste :whistle:), they arrived today. With the bike now 'officially' finished and tweaked to fit, I thought it rude not to go out and build some muscle memory. Great fun!
(I've decided that riding a Fixed Gear, as opposed to my usual bikes, is rather like using an exceptionally sharp kitchen knife compared to a dinning knife: if you don't treat it with increased respect there's a good chance you'll end up in A&E.)
Here's a pic of the final additions. (And the rate the honeysuckle is growing, I'm surprised I was able to untangle it afterwards. ^_^)

View attachment 641389

Is there any need to remind you that extreme care is needed working on the transmission? theres no give in it and a finger chain cog interface can be extremely unpleasant, you can guess how I found that out.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy

View attachment 641389
My near A&E moments have occurred when I have been in traffic riding gears instead of fixed ,pushing back on the pedals too slow down . :eek:

D

Deleted member 1258

Sorry to laugh Dave , been there done that . OUCH @#£&*% . So annoying when you can’t blame anyone else .

I did it twice, ouch Indeed, but at least I've still got all my fingers.

OP
OP
Jon George

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
My near A&E moments have occurred when I have been in traffic riding gears instead of fixed ,pushing back on the pedals too slow down . :eek:

I've already noticed that when popping out (on my Hybrid) the other day, I was predominately using my front brake, rather than my usual balance of front/back. So, thanks for the tip, that's one habit I'll need to watch out for. :okay:

D

Deleted member 1258

I've already noticed that when popping out (on my Hybrid) the other day, I was predominately using my front brake, rather than my usual balance of front/back. So, thanks for the tip, that's one habit I'll need to watch out for. :okay:

Even when riding gears I seldom use the back brake.

Top Bottom