Well, I joined The Club.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
I've been thinking about doing this for a few years, but after several weeks I've finally completed my first Fixie build. :okay:
It's a late-eighties Peugeot frame (with all extraneous bits filed off), and some decals from an Airfix kit - to make it into the little Spitfire I believe it is.
photo (18).JPG

photo (20).JPG

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Nice!

Is that a super-long stem? If not then I think it is way above the safe insertion point...

Are you going to just use flat pedals without clips?

D

Deleted member 1258

Nice!

Is that a super-long stem? If not then I think it is way above the safe insertion point...

It looks like its well above the safe insertion point,

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
:welcome:
I’m sorry to be a grumpy old pedant ……………well no I’m not , I do it so well.
It’s Fixed Wheel or even Fixed Gear . As in “I’m on fixed “ or “ I see your on fixed “ .
Its only Fixie if you live in Hackney wear tight black jeans have a massive beard and your arms covered in tattoos.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:.

Last edited:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
There are some long bike stems about. I've got one on my bike (not pictured)

View attachment 639262
View attachment 639264
Those are all steel, though

OP
OP
Jon George

Jon George

Okay, I'm sure there's lots of stem left inside the frame - but I will check, as you lot are making me mistrust myself!
I do intend to to go clipless, but I want to get some muscle memory in my legs before I do so.
Chainline? The lucky bugger that I am meant I didn't have to alter a thing.
A great inaugural ride this morning, I only had to let the pedals spin by themselves just the once. :whistle:

OP
OP
Jon George

Jon George

Nice!

A sincere thank you (and to all you others). I have checked and it was way past the safety limit. :blink: Don't know how it happened, but a closer inspection of what I thought were 'scratches' caused when I initially freed the stem turned out to be the word STOP. :blush:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A sincere thank you (and to all you others). I have checked and it was way past the safety limit. :blink: Don't know how it happened, but a closer inspection of what I thought were 'scratches' caused when I initially freed the stem turned out to be the word STOP. :blush:
Well, thank goodness you took notice and did something about it... Can you imagine what might have happened if your stem and bike had parted company at speed! :eek:

Top Bottom