I scalped the ignorant one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There i was out on the bike when he passed me again!! The bloke who's passed me about 4 or 5 times without as much as a hello or even a cough to let me know he's approaching. I know some say it isn't a requirement of cycling that you acknowledge other cyclists but i always let a cyclist in front of me know that i'm behind them or about to overtake them,so this bloke has been getting me a bit annoyed with his antics especially when i've shouted as he passes that a simple "how do" wouldn't go amiss and he's ignored me. So tonight he sailed past and i went for him! I tailed him for about half a mile then took him on the flat then maintained my position even though he was about a foot behind me most of the way. He must've been seething as he was struggling to overtake me again,i held him off for another 2 miles then turned left,looked over my shoulder to witness him giving me an unfriendly gesture! This bloke goes down my local pub by the way,we've even talked about bikes and i reckon he knows who i am,but he must have a different mind set when he's out on his bike!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Why not just enjoy a relaxing ride instead of making it a 'punishment' ride.

If other road users took their lead from your mind set......

Last edited:

jack smith

Veteran
I must admit I don't always warn when I overtake if there is plenty of room, but I do always wave smile and say hi to oncoming cyclists, tbh I probably would say hi to more people I overtake but I do have a stammer so can't always do it on the go haha bit over the top chasing him down though that's just a d*ck move tbh

MarkF

Guru
Yesterday, after a 50 mile route 1 reconnaissance mission to Grassington, I watched as my 58 year old cousin on a 10 year old Ridgeback hybrid, with suspension and panniers, overtake a roadie on a new looking Genesis, he tried to respond but couldn't catch up.This was at Ilkley, half way up Cowpasture/Hangingstone Road near the Cow and Calf rocks, a very course volley of abuse followed, he didn't know I was struggling just behind and was further deflated to hear me laughing. ^_^

3984395767.jpg

I like all the riding fun & games, well done Accy.

Last edited:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I stopped letting on to people as I pass (so long as I have room to without needing to warn them) after a couple of folk jumped when I did (they'd have been lost in thought, watching the road ahead, &c, I guess).

People really do take this hello-ing stuff seriously, don't they?

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I like bikes of both types, cycles & motor bikes.

In both hobbies (call 'em what you want) I like that like minded people acknowledge each other, with a "hello" or little raise of the hand off the bar or maybe a nod in your direction.

It's definitely not a pre requisite or law but a nice touch in a community such as ours.

While I wouldn't chase down Mr Ignorante' - I would most definitely blank the £ucker should he one day decide he wants a chat.

I don't know, I get the feeling he might be one of those types who wouldn't stop a lend you a spare tube after the puncture fairies had visited.
Maybe I am wrong, it has been known.

Top Bottom