I scalped the ignorant one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I stopped letting on to people as I pass (so long as I have room to without needing to warn them) after a couple of folk jumped when I did (they'd have been lost in thought, watching the road ahead, &c, I guess).

I'm a startled jumper. I'd rather people just passed and said something once I've eyeballed them. People who address me before I've seen them tend to make me wobble.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I once didn't let on to a couple of horse riders as I passed them, I don't think they minded as their horses seemed to be doing a little dance of joy as I looked back and the riders were waving.

Crankarm

Guru
Yesterday I allowed a girl roadie to catch up with me, then jumped on her wheel as she slowly came by and got a nice tow and view for about 6-7 miles :rolleyes:. Then when she was tiring as if by magic another roadie appeared in my mirror riding quite a bit faster than both of us and another guy who was drafting me by then, so when the fast guy came by I jumped on his rear wheel and got a nice long tow for another 5-6 miles practically all the way to Cambridge. It was a pretty easy and quick ride in and I felt pretty fresh when I arrived at work ^_^. Going home I spied another cyclist in the distance busting a gut to try to catch me so I eased up very slightly on the cadence and kept watching them get very slowly closer to me. Then when I thought they were close enough I stepped on the pedals and was off and they disappeared back into the distance behind me.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Yesterday I allowed a girl roadie to catch up with me, then jumped on her wheel as she slowly came by and got a nice tow and view for about 6-7 miles :rolleyes:. Then when she was tiring as if by magic another roadie appeared in my mirror riding quite a bit faster than both of us and another guy who was drafting me by then, so when the fast guy came by I jumped on his rear wheel and got a nice long tow for another 5-6 miles practically all the way to Cambridge. It was a pretty easy and quick ride in and I felt pretty fresh when I arrived at work ^_^. Going home I spied another cyclist in the distance busting a gut to try to catch me so I eased up very slightly on the cadence and kept watching them get very slowly closer to me. Then when I thought they were close enough I stepped on the pedals and was off and they disappeared back into the distance behind me.
Good for you Cranky, that'll show 'em. You're a hell of a guy, doing a hell of a job :thumbsup:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering

I think that you should marry Accy cyclist- you'll make a right pair.

Crankarm

Guru
crankarm's got a mirror on his bike!

Yep indeed I have, but it's not a road bike. It's one of those Zefal Spy mirrors which really are rather good and has proved very useful. It attaches and detaches easily from the bar end. It's quite small so doesn't cause a lot of wind resistance or look naff like some mirrors but gives a good view of what is happening behind.

Top Bottom