I scalped the ignorant one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Just overtake them. There's no need for any interaction or warning.

I agree! If people are passing too close and need to give warning then they are passing too close.

Just go a-fecking-round like you would in a car, unless you drive pass cycists really close and need beep or shout, "passing on the right!" out of the window!

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Not quite :smile: Just a song I love because it is so ridiculous.
I occasionally have been caught out doing "Oooooh - Body - FOrrrOrrrm - Body - Form for Yoooo"

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Just go a-fecking-round like you would in a car, unless you drive pass cycists really close and need beep or shout, "passing on the right!" out of the window!
A beep before passing is fairly common in France (ime) despite the vast majority of drivers giving more than ample space.

Beeps are also fairly common here, albeit usually with a closer pass, and with some garbled swears and nonsense the driver has half remembered from the last time they saw a Highway Code.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
And I bet you're hoping for an invite. No chance.

He'd be in the church singing...

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paHNPIXOXks
:becool: :laugh:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yesterday, after a 50 mile route 1 reconnaissance mission to Grassington, I watched as my 58 year old cousin on a 10 year old Ridgeback hybrid, with suspension and panniers, overtake a roadie on a new looking Genesis, he tried to respond but couldn't catch up.This was at Ilkley, half way up Cowpasture/Hangingstone Road near the Cow and Calf rocks, a very course volley of abuse followed, he didn't know I was struggling just behind and was further deflated to hear me laughing. ^_^

3984395767.jpg

I like all the riding fun & games, well done Accy.

There's a similarity there Mark as i'm 53 and i was riding a Ridgeback.The scalped one will be smarting as he's about 12 year younger than me!:thumbsup:

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
A beep before passing is fairly common in France (ime) despite the vast majority of drivers giving more than ample space.

Beeps are also fairly common here, albeit usually with a closer pass, and with some garbled swears and nonsense the driver has half remembered from the last time they saw a Highway Code.

But in this country we are all daffodils, I tried using my horn as they way it was intended for a week and lost count of how many times I was called a self-gratification artist. Yesterday a truck beeped me, I gave him the thumbs up, but most cyclists wouldn't.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
But in this country we are all ****s, I tried using my horn as they way it was intended for a week and lost count of how many times I was called a ****er.

It's a cultural thing. Over here, the beep tends (and I mean, overwhlemingly is used to say) to mean "GET OUT OF MY WAY RIGHT NOW". The longer it's drawn out, the more willing the driver is to bring you real physical harm.

The exception is parked vehicles, where the beep means "COME OUT OF YOUR HOUSE, BECAUSE I SURE AS HELL AM NOT WALKING ALL THAT DISTANCE TO KNOCK, NO SIR."

People hear the bike bell in a similar way, although at least it's possible to thank people that move aside, apologise for startling them (if the noise did) and so on.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
It's a cultural thing. Over here, the beep tends (and I mean, overwhlemingly is used to say) to mean "GET OUT OF MY WAY RIGHT NOW". The longer it's drawn out, the more willing the driver is to bring you real physical harm.

The exception is parked vehicles, where the beep means "COME OUT OF YOUR HOUSE, BECAUSE I SURE AS HELL AM NOT WALKING ALL THAT DISTANCE TO KNOCK, NO SIR."

People hear the bike bell in a similar way, although at least it's possible to thank people that move aside, apologise for startling them (if the noise did) and so on.

To do a friendly beep you have to do "two" short beeps, try that next time.

Top Bottom