I see Clarkson's getting a bit more publicity...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
All taken far too seriously IMO. Christ we'd live in a boring bland world if people didnt have an alternative view on things, even if it's controversial or tongue in cheek.
Trouble is in this country, we're becoming (myself excluded ) unable to laugh at ourselves or simply dismiss someone elses opinion without going red in the face with indignation.
Keep smiling everyone :thumbsup: ...lifes a lot better when you don't get your knickers in a twist over everything.

brokenflipflop

Veteran
All taken far too seriously IMO. Christ we'd live in a boring bland world if people didnt have an alternative view on things, even if it's controversial or tongue in cheek.
Trouble is in this country, we're becoming (myself excluded ) unable to laugh at ourselves or simply dismiss someone elses opinion without going red in the face with indignation.
Keep smiling everyone :thumbsup: ...lifes a lot better when you don't get your knickers in a twist over everything.
"In this country" what's that supposed to mean. That kind of xenophobia is exactly what annoys me. And red in the face? if that's some kind of cheap joke at the indigenous Indian population of North America. My Grandads brother on me mums side Knows someone who knew a North American Indian, you racist. Or was it a cheap shot at people with high blood pressure? And if it's a boring bland world why don't you buzz off to Mars. I don't know if your "tongue in cheek" comment was some kind of Terry and June gag oo er missus but again, not funny. Finally taking the Lords name in vain....what's all that about ?
:reading:

Norm

I wonder how many of those complaining about what he said have actually heard what he said in full.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
I see Clarkson's getting a bit more publicity... so the OP will give him a bit more!!!!
i do not drink alcohol because I do not like it
I do not eat spinach because I do not like it
I do not watch East Enders because I do not like it
Can you see a pattern emerging here?
If you do not like watching a TV presenter then do not watch him
If you do not like what someone writes then do not read it
It is not rocket surgery, is it?

asterix

Comrade Member
I enjoy watching the One Show it is a reasonably light hearted program with some interesting stuff and amusing people on it. Then they had to go and have Clarkson.. Why?

Next day they had John Bishop, a real comedian. What a contrast!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Ah, but can he do a handbrake turn into a row of flaming caravans?

Hang on...just remembered....John Bishop's a scouser, isn't he?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
No, he [John Bishop] comes from East Dublin.

col

Legendary Member
A clearly "vunerable" woman has a rambling racist / xenophobic rant on a Croydon tram and rightfully gets arrested. Meanwhile, a lucid, articulate, educated man calls for the execution of millions in front of their own children on a primetime family TV show and is allowed to pass it off as a joke.
Go figure.
Might be because it was a joke. Anyone who saw the clip would see that. But then there is always the ones who want to have a go about it. Normally its the ones who dislike him.^_^

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
A few years ago I attended a communication skills training course and one of the things they taught us was to leave your audience with three key messages. Unfortunately my presentations have always left audiences with far more messages than they can remember, but not this time. To "cut to the chase", here are my three key messages:
  1. Jeremy Clarkson and I are both grown ups.
  2. Jeremy Clarkson's humor is immature.
  3. I find "grown up" humor boring.
Any questions?
Thank you.

Top Bottom