I should care?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

girofan

Sitting in the cafe yesterday, mid-ride, my riding companions and I started to discuss the Tour. The result of our deliberations was that we didn't care who won and that the race for us was so tainted that whoever was the victor, it would constitute a Pyrrhic victory.
Anyone else with a similar view?

Tetedelacourse

Nope

mondobongo

Über Member
No!! The drama and excitement yesterday was fantastic real edge of the seat stuff and being honest its been a few years since I have felt like that watching the Tour.

woohoo

Veteran
No and it's a lot more interesting than the Discovery days

gavintc

Guru
Nope, equally was chatting to some cycling friends who are upbeat about this years Tour and that the drug catching is a positive not a negative thing.

Keith Oates said:
I can't say I really want any one person to win, but the race is interesting and different!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know one person who I don't want to win! :blush:

Bit of a sod really, Tour all day tomorrow then the Best Tour Moments program on later in the evening. Somehow, despite the televisual joy on offer, I've got to find the time to write a magazine article tomorrow...:blush:

Maz

Guru
I just watched that TdF programme on TV...there was a scene from a previous TdF where some fella came off his bike on a hot sticky road and Armstrong was following - Armstrong didn't crash into him but took a shortcut instead...um, isn't that called cheating?

Top Bottom