I think i drink too much coffee.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I have been thinking about this for a while now.Certain things have been happening after a cuppa or two.The latest was last night after a motorway stop at 22-30.I had a latte,ten mins after setting off,the wife was driving,i felt faint and i grabbed the door panel to hold myself up.This began three weeks ago.I was stood at a bus stop,just after having a very large latte in Leeds city centre.This has been going o for three weeks now.So this morning i looked on Google,and hey ho palpatations can be caused by too much caffine.I do over indulge,so i am going to cut it out or try to over the next month..feeling dizzy is not a great feeling.It could explainj the heart thumping feeling sick,ride i did earlier.
Anyone o here had similar episodes.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I drink a lot of coffee too, i'm 47.
What to you is alot of coffee?

I drink a strong Nespresso in the morning, then about 3 instant cups, then about 2 teas and that's about it.
I never drink coffee (or tea) past about 8pm otherwise I don't sleep.

I get dizziness when I have done a lot of miles!

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I have been thinking about this for a while now.Certain things have been happening after a cuppa or two.The latest was last night after a motorway stop at 22-30.I had a latte,ten mins after setting off,the wife was driving,i felt faint and i grabbed the door panel to hold myself up.This began three weeks ago.I was stood at a bus stop,just after having a very large latte in Leeds city centre.This has been going o for three weeks now.So this morning i looked on Google,and hey ho palpatations can be caused by too much caffine.I do over indulge,so i am going to cut it out or try to over the next month..feeling dizzy is not a great feeling.It could explainj the heart thumping feeling sick,ride i did earlier.
Anyone o here had similar episodes.
Have you tried decaff?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I spent a day wired up to a portable ECG a few years ago. Now I almost never drink caffeinated coffee without food since seeing the effect of my then-usual 11am mug! :eek: I think my pulse went over 100 and I was just sat at my desk. That can't be good for me, I decided. I think the consultant also commented but I'd already decided by then.

I suspect you're more likely than I was to suffer such things if you're drinking those large coffee shop espresso-based drinks and in this country, cafes don't seem to bring you a glass of water with them like in some other countries (notably Italy) and a few even get grumpy if you ask :thumbsdown:

I didn't feel the need to cut it out, but I did cut down to mostly one mug a day (which I really savour) usually with breakfast and maybe a decaff or two (but good rich decaffs are much harder to find).

Good luck!

Brandane

Legendary Member
I would see a Doctor.
I have an atrial fibrillation (can feel like palpitations), and have had it for about 40 years (I am 54). Mine is NOT caused by caffeine in my case as I rarely touch tea/coffee - or the other suspects (cola, Irn Bru, Red Bull) and never have done. I take 2 pills a day and have had no problems for about 15 years now. So much so that I am allowed to drive HGV's after my Doctor's report to DVLA..

Reactions: mjr

LocalLad

Probably is best to get checked out just in case.

I've recently cut right back on coffee. At work, we have quite nice filtered coffee that is made continuously fresh throughout the day. It's like rocket fuel, really strong, and my mug is large (just shy of two "normal mugs"). I realised I was having 6 a day at work, then going home and having a couple of standard mugs of instant, which was probably too much as I was struggling to sleep and, erm, caffeine has other effects on the stomach :blush:

I'm down to one large mug for breakfast at work, and feeling a lot better for it - though I treated myself to a second after lunch today.

Reactions: mjr

Kajjal

Guru
I would go to the GP to be sure.

If I drink a few cups of strong proper coffee I can feel it. Normal instant coffee etc. has no effect that I can see.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I drink on average about one coffee a day and loads of tea.

I recently had a medical; Dr said I should cut down on coffee! Aparently it's harder to do archery or something.

Katherine

Guru
You need to reduce your intake slowly or you'll feel worse than ever. I had a dizzy spell with palpitations after having too much coffee one day with a big breakfast when we were away.

I have cut my coffee intake down to 3 cups a day which seems to be fine. Breakfast, mid morning and mid afternoon. I'll occasionally swap one of them for a lunchtime cup if I'm out. Water and cordial the rest of the day.

Top Bottom