I think i need a dongle

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
:giggle:
Ive set my turbo trainer up in the spare room where I have a tv ( not connected to anything ) I want to watch you tube on the tv and virgin media have told me I have a wireless doofer thingy so it is possible to connect via that .
Any ideas what I need to get the tv to show whats on my pc please ?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I just plug my laptop into the TV using a HDMI cable...

OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
It a HDTV but its not hooked up to anything . The spare room is in the west wing so a bit far to run a cable and I don't have a laptop .

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
It a HDTV but its not hooked up to anything . The spare room is in the west wing so a bit far to run a cable and I don't have a laptop .
If you have a smart phone then Chromecast is still an option, because there are plenty of apps which support Chromecast including YouTube.

You can get a DTV usb stick. Below selected at random.
http://www.rapidonline.com/Audio-Vi...eps&IncVat=1&gclid=CJPaqoOehMMCFS_MtAodjSQApw
This will receive Freewiew providing you have a good signal. You can replace the provided aerial with a small portable type.
I bought mine off Ebay from China. It cost about 2 quid.

cd365

Guru
Chromecast can be used to stream what is playing on your PC.
Open YouTube in Chrome and there is a button to press which will stream what is in Chrome to a ChromeCast dongle. It's all very easy to set up; I did one just before Xmas.
As others have said it will need a HDMI port and power (if there is a spare USB slot on the side of your TV this can generally be used to power it.)

U

User6179

PS3 could be an idea , I stream stuff from pc to tv upstairs with the PS3 , has a Youtube app built in plus full internet access anyway .

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Or you could get a second hand Nintendo wii and much like the PS3 idea above (but a lot cheaper) you can stream stuff to your TV (Netflix, BBC iplayer) or watch youtube etc

Top Bottom