I think i need a dongle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
:giggle:
Ive set my turbo trainer up in the spare room where I have a tv ( not connected to anything ) I want to watch you tube on the tv and virgin media have told me I have a wireless doofer thingy so it is possible to connect via that .
Any ideas what I need to get the tv to show whats on my pc please ?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I just plug my laptop into the TV using a HDMI cable...

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
or using the monitor out to AV in if you've not got an HD TV or don't have HDMI out.
41CvuL49CyL.jpg

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
It a HDTV but its not hooked up to anything . The spare room is in the west wing so a bit far to run a cable and I don't have a laptop .

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
It a HDTV but its not hooked up to anything . The spare room is in the west wing so a bit far to run a cable and I don't have a laptop .
If you have a smart phone then Chromecast is still an option, because there are plenty of apps which support Chromecast including YouTube.

Leaway2

Lycrist
You can get a DTV usb stick. Below selected at random.
http://www.rapidonline.com/Audio-Vi...eps&IncVat=1&gclid=CJPaqoOehMMCFS_MtAodjSQApw
This will receive Freewiew providing you have a good signal. You can replace the provided aerial with a small portable type.
I bought mine off Ebay from China. It cost about 2 quid.

cd365

Guru
Chromecast can be used to stream what is playing on your PC.
Open YouTube in Chrome and there is a button to press which will stream what is in Chrome to a ChromeCast dongle. It's all very easy to set up; I did one just before Xmas.
As others have said it will need a HDMI port and power (if there is a spare USB slot on the side of your TV this can generally be used to power it.)

U

User6179

PS3 could be an idea , I stream stuff from pc to tv upstairs with the PS3 , has a Youtube app built in plus full internet access anyway .

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Or you could get a second hand Nintendo wii and much like the PS3 idea above (but a lot cheaper) you can stream stuff to your TV (Netflix, BBC iplayer) or watch youtube etc

Top Bottom