I think i'm down to a choice between these two - finally after 24 pages.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'd be very surprised if the lowest gear on Accy's triple is not lower than the Ribble's 34/25. Accy had to hop off his bike on the steepest part of the Trough of Bowland climb on Sunday, so I think it would be wise not to lose the low gears that he has on his current bike. I know some people are fine climbing steep hills on 34/25 but I wouldn't be and I reckon Accy (or you!) wouldn't be either ... :okay:

So do you think the Cube's gears....Shimano Tiagra FC-4650, Hollowtech II, 50x34T
170mm (50/53cm)
172,5mm (56/58/60cm)
175mm (62/64cm) are better than my triple's,not forgetting the Cube is about 3.5 kilos lighter

Ste pt1

very nice bike I did look at it but with a few others but I'm sticking with the £1000 budget the Mrs ain't happy I'm spending that much lol

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
very nice bike I did look at it but with a few others but I'm sticking with the £1000 budget the Mrs ain't happy I'm spending that much lol

If i didnt already have my triban, i would have gone for your bike too. They are just too similar in terms of spec. Even if the cube is running an 11 speed

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
So do you think the Cube's gears....Shimano Tiagra FC-4650, Hollowtech II, 50x34T
170mm (50/53cm)
172,5mm (56/58/60cm)
175mm (62/64cm) are better than my triple's,not forgetting the Cube is about 3.5 kilos lighter
34/30 on the Cube is a lot lower than the 34/25 on the Ribble but I can't see it being as low as your triple's low gears. (I don't think you have told us what gears the triple actually has, so I could be wrong.) Still, the bike being lighter will help.

I haven't ridden with a compact chainset but I suspect that I would not like the huge step between the rings.

Kbrook

Veteran
170mm (50/53cm)
172,5mm (56/58/60cm)
Don't concern yourself with crank length it will come with whatever it comes with. I have 172.5 and 175 on different bikes and can't tell the diffence. I would suggest that if you had difficulty getting up the trough on a triple you can forget a 25 on the rear, ideally you would want a 32 .

Kbrook

Veteran
In case anyone is interested in that Bianchi I believe it is a 2015 not 2016 . I have contacted wiggle to let them know.

vickster

Legendary Member
Did you get to Ribble?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They replied to my e-mail about having a different cassette on.

Good Morning.

Thanks for your email.

Unfortunately this is a fixed spec and cannot be amended, you can only do this through bike builder and not the Special Edition.

Best Regards,

Dee

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thank's but it's too small for me. According to their size chart i'm between a 59 and a 61cm.
How tall are you? (Sorry if you have already mentioned your height, but I haven't read all the posts.) You'd probably be several inches taller than me to need bikes that big and I didn't think you were a lot taller than me when I met you on Sunday!

The Saeco-Cannondale CAAD5 that I was riding (and that you commented on) is only a 58 cm frame.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
How tall are you? (Sorry if you have already mentioned your height, but I haven't read all the posts.) You'd probably be several inches taller than me to need bikes that big and I didn't think you were a lot taller than me when I met you on Sunday!

The Saeco-Cannondale CAAD5 that I was riding (and that you commented on) is only a 58 cm frame.

I'm 6ft 1in and a 35in inside leg. I'm like you, i normally have a 58cm frame but according to the Bianchi size chart 58cm is too small for me.

Top Bottom