I think i'm down to a choice between these two - finally after 24 pages.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Quite like the look of the kinesis Ti if I go discs as the choice is limited otherwise. Purchase likely to be next year if at all, maybe more disc options will be forthcoming. It'll depend how I feel about cycling at that time I guess, I'm not sure I'll be able to justify a significant outlay on N+1

doog

Yes i see i've linked the alloy framed Defy.:blush:
According to the hard to see size guide the large Defy is right for me at 6ft 1" and 35" inside leg. The colour's nice but i have to ask myself will it go with most of my jerseys. Maybe the more neutral Cube white would be better?:smile:

You are the same size as me.

Carbon frame ..Cannondale supersix Tiagra 58cm £799

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m7b65s6p5219/CANNONDALE-SUPERSIX-TIAGRA-2013

I have the exact same bike and recently converted to 105,got a decent price on selling the old Tiagra components..

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Thank's for all the links and advice but i think that Cube Agree has my name on it.:okay:
You don't see many(mainly) white bikes so the colour sways it! Ok there are better groupsets and wheels out there but for my use and average speed of 12/13 mph a bit of smoother shifting and less bumpy wheels i can live without. I can always upgrade later. I also have to take into account my other bikes. If i get something expensive and "so good",maybe they won't get used again?

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
They will in grotty weather when you need proper mudguards, for shopping, touring, going to the pub etc

Enjoy the Cube, congrats on finally making a decision!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They will in grotty weather when you need proper mudguards, for shopping, touring, going to the pub etc

I't hasn't arrived yet. Until i get that bank card this week and order it you know how i am,there's still time for me to change my mind:okay:. Weighing up all the options i think it is my best option though. What does put me off is the 2 year frame guarantee on Cubes as opposed to the so called lifetime on other makes. For 700 quid though i'm getting a decent bike and i wont feel the "guard it with your life and treat it with kid gloves" feeling i'd do with a 2 grand bike for example. After yesterdays ride out with other Cycle Chatters i've decided that with the state of the roads and how they're only going to get worse, spending big can't be justified in my case. I'll be happy to plod along on my bargain Cube. I haven't had a carbon frame before and i don't want to spend loads then get on the thing and think "Is this what all the fuss is about? carbon isn't all it's cracked(excuse the pun) up to be"!:smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
I do personally prefer the ride of my steel bike on the roads around me...but carbon is nice for sunny days and I'm fond of my carbon as it was my first road bike, it is underused though as I like to be able to carry stuff in my trunk bag/panniers :smile: Alu is my least favourite material even with carbon forks, I'm yet to try Ti

U

User6179

Cube guarantee is 3 years I think on carbon framesets , I bought mine in 2011 and was told 3 years but it was actually 2 years for the 2011 bikes but 3 years for the 2012 bikes which were available in 2011 , hope that makes sense .

Top Bottom