I think my edge 200 is kaput

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Pc doent recognize it
I have tried various cables and tried to get it into mass storage mode although im not sure im doing it right , tried my edge 800 with a known good cable and that works fine?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Have tried a factory reset
  1. Power device off.
  2. Press and hold Lap.
  3. Power on device (still holding Lap)
  4. Select Yes when Reset all settings to factory defaults? message appears.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

now got a screen says

HR 255 bp
Cadence 255rp
Speed mh
Power w

wonderloaf

Veteran
tried that i get some weird screen showing system info and temperature i mean wtf ?
power off after that and back on and it hasnt reset
Hmm, just tried it on mine a few times and it worked OK. I've found that in step 4 after you hit the power button the Garmin logo comes up very quickly, as soon as it disappears you need to release all the buttons.
Tried replicating your problem with HR, Cadence, Speed, Power screen and can't seem to manage it. Don't know what else to suggest ... sorry!

It may be that the USB port in the device is so badly corroded that it can't make a good connection. I had the same issue with my 500 after a few years. It would take power fine but was almost entirely incapable of establishing a data connection.

It's a known problem, unfortunately. You might be able to coax some life back into it using white vinegar and lint-free cotton swabs to remove the oxidised surface on the contacts.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

1st screen is after a factory reset

screen 2 is after i press all 4 buttons

Top Bottom