I think my edge 200 is kaput

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
If it worked normally otherwise I would suggest checking the cable isn't damaged and you have the right cable Some do data+power, others do power only.

wonderloaf

Veteran
Strange, I don't see any either of those screens when I do the master reset on my 200, maybe it's having a bit of an identity crisis!

Another thought: if you were to run the battery right down to zero and leave it a while would this reset the software back to it's original state? I'm thinking along the lines of when you have a problem with a PC, wifi router, etc the first piece of advice is to turn the power off to the device and remove the plug from the wall socket before restarting the device.

It's reporting 255 for HR and cadence due to the way numbers are stored in computers.
A single 8-bit value can store between 0 and 255 (2 to the power 8 minus 1) - perfect range for cadence and heart rate.

To make it so that they don't have to have different versions of the software for every device, the software will support these fields even if the hardware doesn't.
It's unlikely that anyone actually hits 255bpm or 255rpm in reality so this seems a reasonable value to return where the feature isn't supported (as opposed to 0 which might mean your HR strap isn't connected or you're not pedalling)

I still maintain that the likeliest candidate for your issues is corrosion in the connector.

Top Bottom