I think the chunky kit kat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I do like normal kitkats, but the chunky is definitely better - needs to be fresh out of the fridge and rock hard!!!

As for the twix sucking, it's much nicer with coffee or even cappucino than tea!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Actually I'm not sure you can compare the two.

The original four-fingered Kit Kat is a masterpiece of engineering and a pleasure from the first slide out of the foil wrapper from the paper sheath, running the thumb nail along the outside top groove, the 'snap' of the finger coming away from the bar and the bite into the perfect combination of wafter and choc thickness - a sophisticated and elegant experience.

The chunky Kit Kat, on the other hand, is an oafish beast by comparison, lumpen and clumsy - a remedial confection. The sort of thing you could wolf down whilst wearing a welders mit.

;)

threebikesmcginty said:
Actually I'm not sure you can compare the two.

The original four-fingered Kit Kat is a masterpiece of engineering and a pleasure from the first slide out of the foil wrapper from the paper sheath, running the thumb nail along the outside top groove, the 'snap' of the finger coming away from the bar and the bite into the perfect combination of wafter and choc thickness - a sophisticated and elegant experience.

The chunky Kit Kat, on the other hand, is an oafish beast by comparison, lumpen and clumsy - a remedial confection. The sort of thing you could wolf down whilst wearing a welders mit.

;)

Well put sir, those who indulge in the chunky kit-kat are probably simple uncomplicated souls unable to appreciate the greater sophisitication of the 4 bar version.

Landslide said:
There was a guy on my Uni hockey team whose nickname was Four Fingers. KitKats were involved somewhere in the naming process, but it all got rather unsavoury after that...:biggrin:

I seem to remember the Four Finger ones being "Joan Collins" while the Two Finger ones were "Kylie"

If you dont know what I am on about it is very rude!

KIT KAT LAW

A Kit Kat is a bar with four fingers in it.
Ones wiht two fingers are a half kit kat.
So called "Chunky Kit Kats" are some other bar going under the name Kit Kat. They can not be nor never will be a true Kit Kat.
Supporting the manufactrue of Kit Kats in any other form (chunky, peanut, white choc etc) is to be discouraged at all times.

I am still recovering from the trauma of them discontinuing the proper foil and band of paper wrapping in favour of the plastic sealed wrapping. Any more talk of preference for the chunky imposter will push me over the edge.

Arch

Married to Night Train
threebikesmcginty said:

I haven't had one for a while, but I used to get them at uni a fair bit and I think the quality has gone down. They don't 'snap' as cleanly as they used to, flakes and chips of chocolate break off and stick to your (always clean on that day) teeshirt. And quite often the wafer was misaligned in the chocolate, so that you got an end with no or very thin chocolate, and one with a chunk with no wafer, or worse, the wafer was skew whiff

'skew whiff'. There's a word I'd use in speech, but looks odd in type. Does everyone know what I mean? IE, wonky. (or 'askew', of course).

Some bars now seem to be an engineering masterpiece. A Ferraro Rocher thing is amazing the way they get the nut in the middle of the soft filling and put the soft filling in a thin shell with bits on the outside.

By contrast I can just imagine the Kit Kat factory to just be the same as it was when they came out whenever they did with the wafer being plonked in the slot and choccy being poured in.
Come to think of it the wafer would float!

I like the odd finger with no wafer in that is solid choclate. Are they worth anything on Ebay?? Like the 20p with no date on it.

Oh and I forgot the whole world of Ice Creams with the same name as bars- NOOOOOO

I gave up the hard stuff (i.e. most chocolate) years ago as part of my diet, so I'm able to say I have never eaten the aforementioned mega-sized version of this confectionary, though I have fond memories of the old-style Kit-Kats and attempting to dismantle them wafer layer by wafer layer without breaking them. A common lunchtime treat of mine at one time.

tyred

Legendary Member
I generally don't eat chocolate now either but reading this has made me feel like going out and buying a Kit-Kat. Normal or chunky, thant is the question...

Top Bottom