I thought Recumbents Were Fast?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
Yeah, but the recumbent rider was playing - as soon as he was passed he tried to keep up and got ridden off the OP's wheel. Scalped, and with a massive difference in FCN number too.

I saw him again this morning as I was putting out my recycling box, he zipped passed at good rate of knots, if he had cycled that speed yesterday I would never have got anywhere near him let alone overtake him:biggrin:.

I am sure our paths will cross in the future, with him burning me of with ease:sad:.

I didn't have time to YouTube the video last night, hopefully will edit and upload it tonight.

JoysOfSight

So in FCN terms, is a recumbent shopper higher up the chain than a carbon TT bike?

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
[QUOTE 1142320"]
That's a Trice made by ICE

And not really bearing in mind you hardly left a trail of fire in your wake and he was a mere speck in the distance. At times he could have overtaken you but probably could not be bothered.
[/quote]

I wasn't trying to burn him off, I was in commute mode, nice steady consistent cadence. No point trying to race as I was only a third of the into my first commute of the day and would have died in the saddle later.

[QUOTE 1142320"]
Scalping a guy who is a tad 'porky' and riding with a 'rainbow' coloured flag? Kudos to you - or maybe not.
[/quote]
Very impolite and unnecessary comment. I have respect for all law abiding road cyclists who brave our many roads and no-ones perfect especially not me.

Arch

Married to Night Train
[QUOTE 1142320"]
That's a Trice made by ICE

And not really bearing in mind you hardly left a trail of fire in your wake and he was a mere speck in the distance. At times he could have overtaken you but probably could not be bothered.

Scalping a guy who is a tad 'porky' and riding with a 'rainbow' coloured flag? Kudos to you - or maybe not.
[/quote]

Lee, could you try not being unpleasant once in a while?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Struggling, due to lack of geekiness, to get the film of richp doing the same trick onto the computer, which is a shame because he made you look good!
icon_wink.gif

I was fast - 6mph until I grounded the thing:

4833987978_1bca4fae7c_b.jpg

Top Bottom