I thought that I'd seen it all.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark_Robson

This morning I was walking back from my local Asda along a relatively busy road when along comes a lad in his mid teens pulling a wheelie on a mountain bike. What made the wheelie so impressive was the fact that there wasn't a front wheel on his bike. He rode down the road until he reached a set of lights on a junction, waited for them to turn green and off he went around the corner onto a very busy road. Every pedestrian stopped in amazement, and although he was crazy to pull that kind of stunt I couldn't help but admire his skill.
For addictfreak and others who know the area, the road that he was riding down was North Road, heading towards the lights next to Asda.

Sam Kennedy

Haha, I wonder who it was.
Are you talking about the Asda next to regent centre?

Matthames

Über Member
If I saw somebody do that as much as I would be impressed by their skills, this has bike thief written all over it.

Somewhere somebody is going to come back to their bike only to find that the only thing they have left is a front wheel.

D

Deleted member 1258

I agree with matthames, it sounds like its been nicked from somewhere, probably couldn't find a front wheel to nick that fitted it. I saw a strange one a few weeks ago. Cycling home from work up the hill towards the Bermuda Park island on the outskirts of Nuneaton I noticed a lad on a mountain bike riding on the path making a hell of a racket, when I got closer I realised he was riding on the front rim, got a back tyre on it but no front tyre on it at all, strange.

Mark_Robson said:
Would anyone be daft enough to secure their bike by only the front wheel? Actually don't answer that because we all know what the answer is. :smile:

i came out from the local swimming pool last year to see the bike next to mine, well the front wheel of where the bike next to mine, had been securely chained up. I breathed a sigh of relief that I'd used 2 locks or I'm certain my front would have gone.

Tell me he was clipped in and then I'll be impressed

Matthames said:
If I saw somebody do that as much as I would be impressed by their skills, this has bike thief written all over it.

Maybe....

BUT...this would make me consider that it's not a given that the bike is nicked

Mark_Robson said:
....reached a set of lights on a junction, waited for them to turn green

Perhaps he locked his back wheel and frame up and was the victim of a wheel theft?

Top Bottom