I thought this has to be spread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not what I expected from the title :whistle:

margarine.jpg

sabian92

Über Member
Saw this a minute ago - what a knobber.

Unfortunately I sense a "not enough evidence" coming as is all too common.

Drago

Legendary Member
Fat chump. I'd have leg him get out and kick the doors shut on his shins with every gram of my 110kg behind it. He'd already tried to kill me once, I was in fear that he was about to try again your worship.

Cyclist33

It didn't seem like *that* close a pass, from the rear view camera. I would have thought the rider should have looked behind him before pulling right!

sabian92

Über Member
It didn't seem like *that* close a pass, from the rear view camera. I would have thought the rider should have looked behind him before pulling right!

Maybe but the guy tried to get out, then tried to run him over. THAT is the unacceptable part.

Shawn Lee

Considering the few dotted lines of the very short filter that came AFTER a bunch of parked cars AND the fact that the van spent most of its time in the middle of the striped area AND the fact that van had to cut in hard to enter the left-filter while avoiding the islands, one can deduce that:
1) the van was going too slow to have given biker a chance to move over (as van desired). Error, drivers do NOT see cyclist as speedy.
2) van wrongly expected bike to be going left, due to not indicating left OR right. Error.
3) van was going far too fast for this manoeuvre, making the whole thing look dangerous. The van did give space in rear-cam shot, but cut in hard.
4) driver was tired, hungover or just an obnoxious git. Or all.

Personally, due to being in similar situations, and once having a car try and edge me off the road deliberately (all because I got ahead at the lights ffs) I always indicate, even at a filter going ahead. I don't do this in a car because I have power & weight. At roundabouts I often indicate to the waiting cars that I am getting off, thus allowing them to relax and pull out.
I imagine that most car drivers are often a-holes & impatient, so if I give a good account of cyclists, on my way home, to just a few drivers they will be calmer further up the road to the next cyclist. Yes, i'm that nice :smile:
I point 45 degrees down to enter a filter, as opposed to a 90 degree for a hard turn.
One other thing I do, when i'm going slow & hit what is a blind corner for cars, is to actively wave them to overtake me. Some wave at me in their mirror, some honk. We will always meet the idiot in the video,sadly, but even though he was in the right (the cyclist that is) I'd personally have indicated my 45 degree thing. After all, you are not encased in metal, you are squidgy, and every driver is tired & hungover.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I remember seeing this and thinking that it is something that I would usually encounter (not on a regular basis).
The cyclist did well to get away though (even if he did almost crash into another van).

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Terrible driver, not so much the mistake or the defensive abuse, but trying to chase down/run over the cyclist afterwards really needs strong punishment.

Im wondering if the close pass was quite predictable as a cyclist though, with the van behind/overtaking for a little while and the traffic island approaching, it looks like one of those dumb overtakes you can see coming and need to brake/move out of the way of. Might just be me trying to convince myself its all avoidable if youre careful.

Not what I expected from the title :whistle: <snip>
lol When i read the title i thought it sounded like a really cheap copy of that stuff :biggrin:

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
I never mention the camera (or utube) I just play it by ear.
I have confronted but never mention this.
I gave a driver a thumbs up yesterday and he loved it,so did I.:angel:
Pleased with his driving,not towards me but another cyclist.

Top Bottom