I thought this has to be spread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrWorng

Regular
I don't have a camera, but I don't think the right initial response is [hold nose] "you're on youtube" or words to that effect. Red rag to a bull.

Good analogy! It's the bull that generally ends up getting the worst of it. ^_^

BTW On my computer an ad comes up at the bottom of the video saying "Try Cycling" :eek:

BSRU

A Human Being
Do not think I have ever said anything about YouTube, it is not something I am generally thinking about when I have been in similar situations.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
In the words of the driver "You weren't going straight ahead. You were going right, you ****", meant that the driver must have decided to left hook the OP.
If you expecting someone to turn right but still pull in front of them and cut across them to go left, as his indicators suggested, shows deliberate intention to cause an accident.
Then to try assault cyclist. First by getting out of van, then when that won't work to try to run him over shows a degree of violence towards fellow road users that must be dealt with.

Please let us know of the outcome of this incident once you have been to the police.

400bhp

Guru
In the words of the driver "You weren't going straight ahead. You were going right, you ****", meant that the driver must have decided to left hook the OP.
If you expecting someone to turn right but still pull in front of them and cut across them to go left, as his indicators suggested show deliberate intention to cause an accident.
Then to try assault cyclist. First by getting out of van, then when that won't work to try to run him over shows a degree of violence towards fellow road users that must be dealt with.

Please let us know of the outcome of this incident once you have been to the police.

Who is going to the police?

400bhp

Guru
Thinking about this, it is amost identical to an incident I had at a mini roundabout 6 months or so ago. The similarity is uncanny. The only differences were that it was a different style van, I went up the inside of the van to have a word and I simply cycled off when numpty got out of his van (not scared-just couldn't be arsed).

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
The moment he tried to get out of the car is the moment you decide to put a swift one on his chin, would be perfectly acceptable, why else would he need to get out unless he intended to assualt you.

Drago

Legendary Member
TBH he's such a fat, shapeless and visibly unfit lump of tobacco stained blubber he really must be thick to think he's high enough up the food chain to intimidate anyone, much less actually get away with assaulting them. Vid gave torn his arm off, shoved it up his arriss and paraded him up the road like a lollipop.

400bhp

Guru
Towards the end of the confrontation, with WVM, Cycling Dan is heard to say "I'm reporting you to the Police".

Yes, but you asked someone to let us know the outcome. It's not the OP's video.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I don't have a camera, but I don't think the right initial response is [hold nose] "you're on youtube" or words to that effect. Red rag to a bull.

I agree that the threat of youtube isn't the best course of action for a relatively minor incident. I'd have just said, 'Howay mate, that was a bit close.' He might've apologised or he might have told me to f-off, but I doubt he'd have got out of his van.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
I agree that the threat of youtube isn't the best course of action for a relatively minor incident. I'd have just said, 'Howay mate, that was a bit close.' He might've apologised or he might have told me to f-off, but I doubt he'd have got out of his van.

Yeah,"you are on Utube" is not the best chat up line.:girl:

Sir, are you from the North East?

I took one of my boys to see Arsenal get taught how to win games in Sunderland a few months ago and when he saw the writing on the seats facing the away end, he said he thought that was only said in comedy shows on the TV.

It took me a while to convince him that the Mackem/Geordie accent is real and that 'Howay' is spelt as it is soken and vice versa. That was his first trip to the North East. I think we may have given him a sheltered life...

As this is a cycling forum, i should add that we parked a few miles from the game and cycled from and back to the car. Fuggin' cold, Sunderland.

Message ends.

Top Bottom