I thought this has to be spread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scruffmonster

Über Member
How can people be bothered, really?

Take the camera out of the equation and it doesn't happen. The guy wears it like a suit of armour and wouldn't say anything if he wasn't wearing it. "You're on Youtube". yes, and you're holding up traffic and escalating a situation, choosing prolonged hostility over a shake of the head. How does that make him a happier, better person?

Poor driving by an unsavoury type, but if he doesn't get baited, that doesn't happen.

If the average cycle cammer took all of the hours they spend arguing, editing, uploading, commenting, reviewing, responding and such; and forced them to donate that same amount of time to cycling community projects, or recruiting new cyclists, or volunteering at their local track/sportive/whatever, that's a big difference made.

Camera Cyclists on Youtube are like a virus. (Though admittedly you have to choose to catch it, but so many do so it's a worthy point).

If you're filming to 'protect' yourself, fine. That's ok. Film, if the day is tragedy free (99.9% of days will be) then delete the file and say a silent thank you to the cycling gods. Anything else is not improving your life, thus you're kinda wasting it.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Makes me laugh on my latest video.I upload of a dodgy lorry manouvre and it gets commented on the fact I was wearing headphones (they are small and hidden),not the fact I could have been wiped out.:wacko:
Driving at 50mph was a great help though,I thought we were having an earthquake.:banghead:

Woe betide if there are any deaf cyclists on the planet.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I've lived in Newcastle for 10 years and have picked up traces of the dialect, such as howay (spelt ha'way in Sunderland), canny and wor lass. However, I'm originally from Cheshire, what?

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I've lived in Newcastle for 10 years and have picked up traces of the dialect, such as howay (spelt ha'way in Sunderland), canny and wor lass. However, I'm originally from Cheshire, what?
its so easy to say howay. I try to speak correct English but it is so easy to slip or say man. Howay man! lol

al78

Guru
TBH he's such a fat, shapeless and visibly unfit lump of tobacco stained blubber he really must be thick to think he's high enough up the food chain to intimidate anyone, much less actually get away with assaulting them. Vid gave torn his arm off, shoved it up his arriss and paraded him up the road like a lollipop.

The danger is that what someone looks like may bear no resemblance to what they are actually capable of so I for one would be very wary of judging whether you can take someone on just by looks alone.

In any case, I am thin, placid, not very strong and not a trained fighter so pretty much anyone could give me a good hiding ^_^.

Top Bottom