I thought this tool would also remove presta cores?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This valve core remover has two different ends. I assumed it remove presta cores but I cannot work it out.:wacko:
20221211_151345.jpg

midlife

Guru
Is that a park tool VC 1 ?

chriswoody

Legendary Member
The removable valve cores I have downstairs have two flats machined on either side of the higher threaded section. The park tool and the tool you have pictured has two prongs machined, which engage on those flat sections to screw the core in. From what I can make out the valve in the first picture doesn't have these flats and I do wonder if it even has a removable core?

I looked at your YT clip and got it to work, thanks. It was helpful.

The removable valve cores I have downstairs have two flats machined on either side of the higher threaded section. The park tool and the tool you have pictured has two prongs machined, which engage on those flat sections to screw the core in. From what I can make out the valve in the first picture doesn't have these flats and I do wonder if it even has a removable core?
I found that the wide end of the tool fitted longitudinally onto the removable valve core as "sea of vapours" mentioned.

Chris, I managed to get a clear photo.
I agree with you, that the core on the left side of photo below is not removable. Also, the end of that core with spine like grooves would not fit in the tool at all. However, the core on the right side of the photo has a
knurled pattern on the end that fits nice and snug-also in the wide end of the tool. I can also see the 'flats'.
20221211_185403.jpg

Top Bottom