I walked a mile!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Ten days ago the consultant gave me the go ahead to put weight on my injured leg and last Friday I traded in my Zimmer for a pair of crutches and got a lesson on managing flights of stairs.

Since the beginning of the week I've been able to get upstairs and sleep in my own bed! I've been able to cancel my daily carers.

I've also been taking slow walks along the street when the weather has been good trying to build up my muscles again. I went a bit further today as it was bright and sunny. I've just mapped out my walk online and it was just over a mile! It's no distance at all and it took me ages but compared to this time last week it's amazing:wahhey:

classic33

Leg End Member
Ten days ago the consultant gave me the go ahead to put weight on my injured leg and last Friday I traded in my Zimmer for a pair of crutches and got a lesson on managing flights of stairs.

Since the beginning of the week I've been able to get upstairs and sleep in my own bed! I've been able to cancel my daily carers.

I've also been taking slow walks along the street when the weather has been good trying to build up my muscles again. I went a bit further today as it was bright and sunny. I've just mapped out my walk online and it was just over a mile! It's no distance at all and it took me ages but compared to this time last week it's amazing:wahhey:
Did you time it?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
1644609373936.png

Many people who 'appear' to be in full health are unable to walk a mile ... or at least claim to be unable to walk a mile.
So you are already fitter than they are, despite being only a relatively short way through your healing process - well done you!

yello

You must be feeling so pleased and independent, I'm really happy for you. Keep on, bit at a time. Nothing like a light and a bit of progress towards it to feel empowered again!

Top Bottom