I want some advice, to warn people and to moan.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ste pt1

I've had the same issues with yodel on top of that I've had a £300 watch " go missing " but after a complete stink made by me it "was found"

One of my last "episodes' with City Link

I had a Strida folding bike "delivered".

It never arived

When I complained, I was told that I had answered the door and signed for it that morning!

I pointed out that I could prove unequivocally that I was in clinic all day, and had not signed for it

It was then my wife who had signed for it... so we also pointed out that we could prove it wasn't her

Then it could have been a neighbour, and the bike had been left on the doorstep.

The matter was eventually sorted, but it was the last straw

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Rose use DHL - I was impressed by them.

The bike was airfreighted from Germany and arrived in a box, but with no packaging, presumably because DHL can be trusted not to throw the package around.

I was able to phone the local depot on a landline and one of the DHL staff opened the box for me to check a query I had with the contents.

This being an internet forum, someone will be on in a minute to say DHL are rubbish.

But from my single transaction experience I rate them highly and would use them if I was sending a bike.

mobi

Why not just buy from a shop?? You can see the bike before buying then. I really don't get the idea of buying bike thru post.

vickster

Legendary Member
Why not just buy from a shop?? You can see the bike before buying then. I really don't get the idea of buying bike thru post.
Because it was bought second hand via gumtree from far away and couriered

Presumably it was insured and there should be recompense.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I don't know the names of the bars on the frame, but the crack is on one of the bars that connect down to the rear wheel. One of the thin ones.

Completely irreparable?
can we have a picture? any chance the crack is just in the paint or is the seat stay hanging off?

OP
OP
R

Road Rasher

Regular
Hopefully you can make that out? The surrounding area has also taken a battering hence the scratches.

I can provide more photos if that's a little shoddy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 85

NorvernRob

Hello everyone.

Recently I purchased a Giant TCR Advanced 3 through gumtree, and arranged a courier through Parcel Monkey to deliver it to me by using City-Link courier service. The purchase was made on Monday and I was due to receive the bike today.

As this was my first road bike, I ordered plenty of accessories online and they have been getting delivered in cribs and drabs throughout the week. Yesterday I was due to receive another parcel and City-Link were the sellers choice of delivery service.
:sad:

So who actually arranged and paid for the courier for the bike? The first sentence suggests you did, but the second says it was the sellers choice, or did you just mean he chose and you arranged it?

The contract is between the courier and whoever arranged the delivery. If you arranged it then that's a huge mistake, as you are relying on someone else to package your item properly. If they don't and it gets damaged, the responsibility to claim lies with you as the one who arranged it, and if it wasn't packaged properly in their opinion, the courier won't pay out.

The bottom line is, never arrange your own courier if buying an item from someone. Let them arrange it, then if anything goes wrong it's up to them to reimburse you and deal with the courier.

U

User6179

I arranged the courier.

Have you any photos of the bike before it was posted ?

If I sell something on E-bay I now take photos as someone sent me back a rare DVD with a scratch on it that I had sent them , no scratch when I sent it then when I later checked his E-bay account he was selling the very same DVD :cursing:

Kins

Über Member
I had my giant SCR 2.0 I bought from Ebay delivered by City Link. They had dropped the bike and basically flattened the teeth on the large chain ring. Also the BB was shagged. Bloke finally paid me for the repair but it took him 5 months to get his money back.

moo

I'm surprised they didn't just leave it outside your house and forge the receipt of delivery. I've had this happen a few times by a number of couriers. I get a lot of deliveries so statistics play a part. Still, even once is unacceptable imo.

Top Bottom