I wanted to show you guys my new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

passive jay

Hello!

This is my sidewalk cruiser.

It started life as a cheap Genesis beach cruiser. I like the bike because it is one of the few I have found that is large enough for me (I am 6'7) so I decided to make it a bit nicer.

New seat and kickstand were no big deal but after riding it around for awhile I decided that hills suck. So I put on a Eagle 2 speed automatic kickback hub. It would not work with the stock wheel so I got a new rim/spokes. Other than the spoke pattern being different it matches up great.

So what do you guys think?

199623134_10224838479176505_5099182966610885938_n.jpg

199774439_10224838477416461_6086018347864380109_n.jpg

Hello!

This is my sidewalk cruiser.

It started life as a cheap Genesis beach cruiser. I like the bike because it is one of the few I have found that is large enough for me (I am 6'7) so I decided to make it a bit nicer.

New seat and kickstand were no big deal but after riding it around for awhile I decided that hills suck. So I put on a Eagle 2 speed automatic kickback hub. It would not work with the stock wheel so I got a new rim/spokes. Other than the spoke pattern being different it matches up great.

So what do you guys think?

View attachment 593651

View attachment 593652

Very smart; I like the leather bags too.

I wouldn't have seen the "different" wheels if you hadn't mentioned them.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Very nice. Only a 2 speed hub?
That saddle looks a bit low if you're 6'7. I can't imagine those bars would be comfortable for any length of time but I guess it's not meant for longer journeys or speed.
We don't really have an equivalent bike in the UK unless you count three speed town bikes.
I've got a Schwinn Traveler from the early nineties which I love but is very different to that. How it got down here I'll never know.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
It's beautiful

OP
OP
P

passive jay

Very nice. Only a 2 speed hub?
That saddle looks a bit low if you're 6'7. I can't imagine those bars would be comfortable for any length of time but I guess it's not meant for longer journeys or speed.
We don't really have an equivalent bike in the UK unless you count three speed town bikes.
I've got a Schwinn Traveler from the early nineties which I love but is very different to that. How it got down here I'll never know.

I am not sure if you can even get more than a 2 speed with a kickback hub.
The saddle is as high as I can get it on that bike.
The bike is just for cruising around the neighborhood, i have only put a few miles on it so far but the handlebars seem ok. I considered getting ape hanger handlebars but figured I would try the stock ones for a while and see if they are ok.

Top Bottom