I was a naughty boy today......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
On the drag up towards home, I spotted two bikes climbing the hill together, one MTB and one hybrid.....

As I passed I shouted "Oi.....pedal harder you two"..................:laugh:

They both looked over and the front rider shouted "Oi...show off...." and we all started laughing. :smile:

Did I mention............one is a friend and the other is another cyclist on our estate, and I chat to both on the commute on a regular basis (they know each other too).......this time I was being a bit cheeky :thumbsup:

You can't have a laugh like that stuck in a car......

Tynan

Veteran
I've started to struggle with an urge to shout 'attack, attack, attack attack attack' at people I pass

buggi

Bird Saviour
LOL everytime i get scalped (which is quite often i'll be honest!) i shout show-off... usually slows 'em down for a natter (especially useful phrase if they look quite hot)

talking of hot... passed a hot motorcyclist standing with his bike, helmet in hand (oo-er mrs) the other day. gave him a cheeky wink and a smile and i got one back :laugh:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I had one today that at first I didn't know whether to sit behind or overtake... he started on the wrong side and hung around the middle of the road ... so I would have had to undertake him to pass. But then I decided that actually there was a nice view from behind anyway:blush::laugh:...I didn't say anything and let him go infront.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Got caught up by one of the other bobbies on his MTB the other day going home...I was taking it easy at 15mph. Accused me of being lazy he did, it was nice to see his face go bright red and his breathing increase to the level of a dirty old man at a St Trinians night out, when I span the pedals up a little...

NigC

Vikeonabike said:
Got caught up by one of the other bobbies on his MTB the other day going home...I was taking it easy at 15mph. Accused me of being lazy he did, it was nice to see his face go bright red and his breathing increase to the level of a dirty old man at a St Trinians night out, when I span the pedals up a little...

:wacko:

Reminds me of when my nephew visited at the weekend - he's in his late 20s and has done a bit of cycling:

For some reason he wanted to jump on my exercise bike (really don't know why xx( ). So I wind it up to my normal setting, tell him I keep it around 30kph and off he goes. After 5 minutes I look at what he's doing and see he's slower than my pace..... then I see his heart rate..... 170+ :biggrin::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: I'm usually around 110-115. I'm glad he stopped after another couple of minutes - I was getting ready to call an ambulance :smile:

dondare

Über Member
NigC said:
:wacko:

Reminds me of when my nephew visited at the weekend - he's in his late 20s and has done a bit of cycling:

For some reason he wanted to jump on my exercise bike (really don't know why xx( ). So I wind it up to my normal setting, tell him I keep it around 30kph and off he goes. After 5 minutes I look at what he's doing and see he's slower than my pace..... then I see his heart rate..... 170+ :biggrin::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: I'm usually around 110-115. I'm glad he stopped after another couple of minutes - I was getting ready to call an ambulance :smile:

Does it count as a scalp if it's an exercise bike?

kennykool

Brilliant.

On my way home last night I came to a little bumop in the village and there was a kid going up the bump on his little BMX......i slowed when I got beside him and said...."race you to the top" he agreed

I let him win of course and he was well chuffed with himself.

Also saw another young gun out on the country road with no helmet......Shouted over to him "Oi wheres your helmet" he gave me the finger !!!! could only have been 9 years old !!!

NigC

Jezston said:
Does it count as a scalp if you overtake someone carrying cycles up a staircase at a train station?

Of course.

Actually, I can't think of any situation where it doesn't count as a scalp :ohmy:

Top Bottom