I Was A Naughty Cyclist This Morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What's the point of the OP or indeed what you actually done?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Actually, I'd say camera cyclists are slightly less likely to engage in this sort of behaviour. Most of the going in front I've seen has been from non-camera wearers, including a couple on here. I reckon we've all done it at least once or twice though.

To show that not everyone needs to shout and swear to get their point across to idiotic motorists? Well, thats what I took from it. T'is a forum; does there need to be a point to everything posted?

I'm talking about the OP putting themselves in front of the car again just to prove a point/win some sort of pissing contest. I'd be interested to hear BM elaborate more on this 'type of behaviour'. Forgetting or course the anecdotal evidence of who does this sort of thing whether it be camera users or non camera users.

I'd though for the benefit as a whole not to put yourself in front of the car again after they have already been agressive towards you. Don't need/need not to be wearing a camera for this sort of thing to see that it's just stupid. Accept that other people make mistakes (like the OP RLJing) and get on with your day.

I think it's built into human nature to want to air your frustration or somehow get revenge on someone who has wronged you.
It's a hard urge to switch off, especially when you know that it's a 99.999% certainty that person will continue to get away with it.
But then I'm in major rant mode after three near crashes last night while driving home through the Tankersley/Stocksbridge Bypass, caused by the usual peanuts that seem to come out between 9pm and 10pm each night.

akb

Veteran
I must confess that i used the bus..... sorry.

Reported.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Done exactly the same. Just putting myself in front of the car, where I should be if the driver hadn't been an arse.
I'm also more inclined to clip out with both feet.
Its not something I do regularly. If someone's got stuck in the box, due to queuing etc. but in the OPs example.... yeah, I might.
Tap on his window as you pass and compliment him on his bike!

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Not saying its smart. Not saying I do it every time or that i'd do it when the road wasn't busy with plenty of witrnesses.
However, would you just stand there if someone barged to the front of any other queue?
I guess sometimes yes. Sometimes you'd call 'em for it?

Top Bottom