I was a trifle rude...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

Cycling in to town this morning, stopped at some lights, waiting to turn left. Lights change, but before they change a guy opposite decides to get a drop on the lights, scoots down the outside of the traffic and makes to turn right, straight into the space I've just started turning left into. I slowed, I mean I wasn't losing any time by it I was about to be stuck behind a van anyway.

The other cyclist wasn't going to be stuck behind some stinking van though; straight on to the left hand pavement, nearly decking some poor pedestrian who came out through the gateway of Magdelene college (letting out a loud yelp when she was nearly flattened). The cyclist had very little room to dodge her, as the pavement is narrow with bollards down the road side. The van in front of me was moving by now, so I was really only a bikes length behind him.

He got back on to the road behind me, then went back onto the pavement to get round a taxi, then back on to the road behind a bus aiming to turn right once past it (the same way I was going), so by now he was to my left.

He's about 35-40 years old, on a tourer, helmet, waterproof, looks like he should know what he's doing. My words to him were "You're a grown man, for pities sake, cycle on the ****ing road".

Didn't say anything back to me, I think he was a bit shocked.

Maybe I should have said nothing... But I'm of the opinion that we can do without his kind of cyclist :blush:

Tynan

Veteran
sounds right on your part

sounds very silly on his, urban warrior

I'm sure you know my views on this! Good man! Maybe just maybe he will think twice next time (before he does it anyway :blush:)

You never seem to catch these incidents on camera. I assume you missed this one :biggrin:

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

magnatom said:
I'm sure you know my views on this! Good man! Maybe just maybe he will think twice next time (before he does it anyway :blush:)

You never seem to catch these incidents on camera. I assume you missed this one xx(

He's visible on the footage on the road but not when he's on the pavement :biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i think you were quite polite, in the circumstances…

Arch

Married to Night Train
A trifle rude? You should have had him put in custardy.

Let people like this go and before you know it, there are hundreds and thousands of them...

Top Bottom