I was hit from behind by a cyclist today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

overmind

My other bike is a Pinarello
This reminds me of something that happened to me a few years ago. I was riding along the side of the Kennet and Avon canal in central Reading. The path intersected a road where I had to cycle on the pavement for a bit and then cross at the lights to get to the next section.

I turned onto the pavement - going fairly slowly. As I approached the lights I swung my leg up to dismount the bike so that I could just cross the road as a pedestrian. At that exact moment another cyclist came from behind very fast (also on the pavement). The net result was that I effectively kicked him in the stomach.

He got angry and said, "You kicked me in the stomach!". In some ways it would be more accurate to say that he "Stomached me in the foot". Since we were both on the pavement I am not sure that either of us has any cause for complaint. Basically it was just one of those things. Yes, perhaps I should have looked but perhaps he should not have been cycling so fast on the pavement.

Anyway, I said sorry and carried on ...

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Were @potsy's injuries more severe than he let on...? (He hasn't returned with the promised photos!) :whistle:

Top Bottom