I was propositioned by a complete stranger last week.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
She rang me up out of the blue and said she was after my body. She wanted it for three weeks and said I could stay at her place for eight nights, food provided. She dangled drugs and £1728 in front of me as a sweetener. I turned her down and I feel a bit of cad for doing so.

It was a clinical trial for a brand-new experimental drug. There were strings attached of course. I wouldn't be allowed to drink coffee, and the grog allowance was pitiful, but I'm sure I could hack it. Being incarcerated in a hospital for eight days would be mind-numbingly boring, and obviously there are potential health risks in taking largely unproven chemicals, although the risks are probably very small. Mind you, the moolah was pretty attractive. I've had more than my fair share of NHS resources in the last few years, and I feel I owe them one.

The real deal-breaker was that I wouldn't be allowed to ride my bike for up to six weeks. That's cruel and un-natural. What would you have decided?

Give her my number

classic33

Leg End Member
She rang me up out of the blue and said she was after my body. She wanted it for three weeks and said I could stay at her place for eight nights, food provided. She dangled drugs and £1728 in front of me as a sweetener. I turned her down and I feel a bit of cad for doing so.

It was a clinical trial for a brand-new experimental drug. There were strings attached of course. I wouldn't be allowed to drink coffee, and the grog allowance was pitiful, but I'm sure I could hack it. Being incarcerated in a hospital for eight days would be mind-numbingly boring, and obviously there are potential health risks in taking largely unproven chemicals, although the risks are probably very small. Mind you, the moolah was pretty attractive. I've had more than my fair share of NHS resources in the last few years, and I feel I owe them one.

The real deal-breaker was that I wouldn't be allowed to ride my bike for up to six weeks. That's cruel and un-natural. What would you have decided?
Was it Rebecca or Deborah?

classic33

Leg End Member
Unfortunately, you have to have certain attributes to catch her eye.....namely being an existing long term user of a potentially unpleasant prescription drug. I wouldn't recommend going there, even for £1728. Besides, the bike restriction is brutal.
Which is worse, the prescription drug or the non use of the bike?

And how does she know you use either anyway, something you're not saying?

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
About 30 years ago, I was sitting in the lobby of a hotel in Bremen minding my own business when a very attractive blonde approached me and asked if I would like to go with her and watch some Scandinavian films.

When she asked me afterwards what I'd thought of them, I had to say that I'd still never consider buying a Volvo.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Which is worse, the prescription drug or the non use of the bike?

And how does she know you use it anyway.
Medical records. I take a drug for something. A drug company comes up with a new drug for the same condition, and they want to test it. The hospital being paid to test it has access to NHS records, and identifies me as a suitable guinea pig. I didn't expect her to choose me for my dashing good looks, charm and wealth, FFS! The existing drug has given me no side-effects so far, thank Heavens. There is a potential risk that the trial drug and my existing drug might interact in an unfortunate way. A small one. Anyway, as I said, the deal-breaker was no exercise for up to six weeks. I'd be crawling the walls by then.

Last edited:

Onthedrops

Veteran
True story.

I was cycling home from work. My route takes me through, shall we say a more seedier part of town. The traffic had stopped at a set of traffic lights and I was approached by a "lady" who shall we say was working the early evening shift.
"Would you like something nice?" She asked, clearly suggesting actions of an adult nature.
I couldn't believe it. I was on my commute home on my bike and clad in Lycra!
With no time to think and not wishing to appear rude, I responded "No thanks love, I'll be having summat nice when I get home. I'm hoping my tea will be ready!"

BOOM!!! I pedalled on.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
True story.

I was cycling home from work. My route takes me through, shall we say a more seedier part of town. The traffic had stopped at a set of traffic lights and I was approached by a "lady" who shall we say was working the early evening shift.
"Would you like something nice?" She asked, clearly suggesting actions of an adult nature.
I couldn't believe it. I was on my commute home on my bike and clad in Lycra!
With no time to think and not wishing to appear rude, I responded "No thanks love, I'll be having summat nice when I get home. I'm hoping my tea will be ready!"

BOOM!!! I pedalled on.
Another true story ...

I was on a cycling holiday on the Costa Blanca and our group had just cycled through Benidorm at about 10:30 am. As we leaving town on a main road, we spotted a group of 3 or 4 prostitutes trying to flag down passing motorists. It was obvious to all of us what was going on, except for one rider who thought that they were hitchhikers! :laugh:

Top Bottom