I was quite pleased ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
... with my 45 mile, 2000 feet ride on Sunday, until I saw most of my strava "friends" had done 80 90, 100 milers!

Thats all
What were they doing 5 years ago and what will they be doing in 5 years time?
Too many people discover cycling and binge ride and then get fed up with it and go back to very little exercise.

Do what fits in with your own lifestyle and make sure it's repeatable indefinitely.

In my case if I can do 2 or 3 rides a week of 60 to 90 minutes, it keeps me fit and I can sustain this all year round, with an occasional longer ride when I get a full day pass from the management.

Xipe Totec

Frrrg rrrrf yrrrr crrrnds
Your 45 miles is my 72 km, which is a much bigger, and therefore better number!

Although at the moment 45km is pretty much as good as it gets... :sad: ^_^

What were they doing 5 years ago and what will they be doing in 5 years time?
Too many people discover cycling and binge ride and then get fed up with it and go back to very little exercise.

I met a bloke yesterday age 55 or so he said. Well overweight. Riding a top of the range S works with all the gear. Said he liked to get out every Sunday and do 35km. He was happy. After a couple of miles chatting I decided to take a different turn to him and go at my own pace - I was freewheeling to keep pace with him. He was so slow, but happy.
Wish I could justify that expenditure, especially on such a low mileage.

Nibor

Bewildered
I did 25749 Meters with 2639 decimeters of climbing lol looks better that way my legs were knackered but gotta keep doing it and was lapping everyone on the couch

... with my 45 mile, 2000 feet ride on Sunday, until I saw most of my strava "friends" had done 80 90, 100 milers!

Thats all
Well done on your 45 miler 👏

Even if you had done an 80, 90 or 100 milers you'd look and see someone who done 200miles, that's just the way life is. 45miles with 2000ft is nothing to be sniffed at and is a lot better than the average individual 👍

Johnno260

Veteran

Thats all

If it pleased you and felt like an accomplishment then don’t worry about what others did.

Celebrate your own successes and celebrate others as well, try and set your own goals and hit those.

Top Bottom