I wasn't aware.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Well done for getting out on your bike & dont let one dickhead put you off. We all start somewhere. I've been back on my bike for a good few years now & still no racing snake :sad: but I enjoy it & that's all that matters to me. A couple of years ago I used to see a small rotund gent riding round with all the gear on & I thought good on you! I've not seen him recently though :sad: although it may be that he's lost loads of weight & I now don't recognise him :rolleyes:

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
I'd have replied "F*** off you skinny dilbert runt."

Ignore them, they have to compensate for their small penises somehow.
He's got more than one willy? That's very cosmopolitan :okay:

Sometimes it's best to keep schtoom. Sometimes it's best to punch them in the throat :boxing:

adamhearn

Veteran
All types of activities attract people who think they're better than those around, it's the nature of the [competitive] beast in us all and sadly some people just can't keep their opinions to themselves. Disparaging comments are just not worth worrying about.

fark him.

It's an odd part of human nature, but 1000 good wishes from respected people can be shrugged off far easier than the meaningless actions of a meaningless person.

I'll get this a it wrong, but hopefully the gist comes over. It's something I read a bit back.

If someone offers you a gift, and you decline it, whose gift is it? I'd say it's still owned by them.

If someone offers you an insult, and you decline it, it's their's to keep.

You keep doing what makes you happy. I've found that the more people I help along the way, the happier I feel.

suzeworld

Veteran
fark him.

It's an odd part of human nature, but 1000 good wishes from respected people can be shrugged off far easier than the meaningless actions of a meaningless person.

I'll get this a it wrong, but hopefully the gist comes over. It's something I read a bit back.

If someone offers you a gift, and you decline it, whose gift is it? I'd say it's still owned by them.

If someone offers you an insult, and you decline it, it's their's to keep.

You keep doing what makes you happy. I've found that the more people I help along the way, the happier I feel.

Hey ... I liked your comment then noticed your name! Well these little bon mots are not cliches, so keep on keeping on, eh!

andrewsdad

Can I just say that I wasn't aware that you needed to start cycling with an acceptable physique and a top of the range bike. Clearly me being overweight and having brought a bike from Halfords means that I can't go out for a ride.
I would just like to thank the somewhat athletically built professional rider that commented on my stature today. I thought that following up the "Oh look its a yellow shamoo" comment with "didn't halfords do well ! " was hilarious.
I was so amused that I could not contain my laughter.

I encountered many cyclists today, some were family's out for a ramble and some were more serious, some nodded and said hello and others stayed focused on the path ahead. But only one was rude.
I may not be sponsored by sky, or have a top flight road bike, but I am doing the best that I can. Ive lost weight and hope to continue to do so.
It is a shame that there are always some who will look down on beginners.
Keep doing what you're doing, one day you'll hurtle past this prick with middle finger saluting him as you go. Good Luck don't give up.

Top Bottom