I will never drive a Vauxhall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Why are you all talking about CARS, this a thread about a pedal-powered vehicle! :okay:
We know...but you know how it goes, a discussion will soon expand, just like in 'real life'.
We were talking about summat today and my DIL turned and said.. how did we end up talking about this...we started on blah blah :wacko:

DRM

Guru
We used to get Astra Estates from work, 1.7 Diesels, generally ok, but let down by dealers that didn't have a clue about customer care, I guess this was the ultimate Q car in Opel guise
senator-7-front.jpg

Usually seen skulking around East Germany

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I confess I didn't click the ebay link as I don't like ut on my history on eBay the would have hounded me for pedal cars by the sounds....

Looking back at the cars I have had its awful none are still around not even the 2000 Vectra. I cannot pin point when Cars stopped meaning anything to me it was before cycling, and these days I go on and on about the mess these lease deals are making look around seldom see older cars anymore

classic33

Leg End Member
I confess I didn't click the ebay link as I don't like ut on my history on eBay the would have hounded me for pedal cars by the sounds....

Looking back at the cars I have had its awful none are still around not even the 2000 Vectra. I cannot pin point when Cars stopped meaning anything to me it was before cycling, and these days I go on and on about the mess these lease deals are making look around seldom see older cars anymore
Try https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/fancy-a-pedal-powered-car.234556/

MarkF

Guru
The Corsa looks great fun but is probably very little fun, but it's nice to see some nutcase doing something pointless and daft.:okay:

Vauxhalls are garbage, have been all my life, wouldn't be seen dead in one.:smile:

gbb

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5265748, member: 45"]I worked for one of those companies that moved lease cars around the country in the 90s. The favourite car at the time for most of the drivers was the Cavalier.[/QUOTE]
We had several at work and they were either mundane or mental, and you could scarcely tell visually bar the badge. We had a 2.0 ltr and Jesus, it could go (nothing to be proud of but it was a fact) ..it was mad for a bland looking car.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Had one of these in red......and then a mk 2. Happy days lol

View attachment 412294

I had a MK1 GTE with a tuned 16v MKII lump that the previous owner had transplanted, digital dash and all. Holy Mary Mother of Trump that was fast.

I had the Opel Kadett SR - much more exclusive. ^_^

Had a few Vauxhall's over the years, Cavaliers were good at the time, especially the MK2 Commander, but I wouldn't consider one now.

D

Deleted member 1258

[QUOTE 5265748, member: 45"]I worked for one of those companies that moved lease cars around the country in the 90s. The favourite car at the time for most of the drivers was the Cavalier.[/QUOTE]

We had a Cavalier in the yard as a pool car at an engineering company I worked for, a two litre ex managers car, I liked it and it shifted a bit.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
All the local police had unmarked mk 2 Cavalier stupid thing was they all had the same starting three letters as the marked ones so easily spotted.

Top Bottom