I wish..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
It is indeed cool. Dunno if I want one, but a very nice piece of work.

<imagines Hilldodger with a pipe bender>

;)

Keith Oates

Janner
I'm almost with Arch on this one in that I agree it looks nice but in my case I definitely don't want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hubgearfreak

Über Member
mickle said:
I wish..

.. I'd designed it.
.. I owned it.

hehe, for a minute i thought you'd seen my sofa^_^

as for the white one, it's a stunning but of work, art & engineering wise, but i wouldn't buy one.

mondobongo

Über Member
I love it and could quite happily own one, be ideal for summer evening trips to a nice country pub not too much of a distance though.

I saw Bonj earlier trying to take his foot out of his mouth.

bonj2

Rhythm Thief said:
Why not, O wise one? Not all bikes have to be fast or practical.
They don't HAVE to , no, but it helps. Just like houses don't HAVE to have rooves, but it often helps.

mickle said:
I take it you didn't watch the video Bonjy.

What an absolute gash abomination.
It looks like it's beein painted with dulux primer and he hasn't bothered to do any more than an undercoat, and what's more it looks like he's sprayed it all over rather than the individual parts before assembling them.
The hopeless cable operated steering cannot possibly even dream of being devoid of unwanted noise and modulation must be non existant - in the vid it looked like the wheel was randomly grabbing in the dark for an orientation and the fact that it could steer at all looked a major accomplishment.
Instead of transmitting via a single columnar headset, it uses a long thin arm which can flex, stretch and rattle. How is that possibly going to be conducive to precise, accurate, and therefore safe, steering?
The position of the handlebars means the rider must sit bolt upright, and as such would probably struggle to get any less aerodynamic without carrying a sail.
And I don't even want to THINK about the stresses that parts of the bike must be under - it must be horrendous. It must literally visibly bend just under natural sag.

Just what's the POINT in creations like that? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: It makes me angry that a certain minority of people feel the need to dogmatically defy established principles of engineering simply for the sake of being rebellious, if they are then trying to pretend that it's some sort of valid invention or that it's the future. If they're just doing it for a joke, fair enough, ha ha ha very clever, but to try and make out it's in some way good is just ridiculous.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's a design piece - not meant to be practical... I like it, but it's not fast enough for me, and the tyres will look far too mucky too quickly...

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
It's ART Bonj. A thing of beauty doesn't have to have precise steering or even be rideable. It's a confection, a sculpture, a flight of fancy. It takes the concept of what we consider to be a 'bicycle' and turns it on it's head. Sure it's impractical but so is jewellery. So are the glass swans that your nan has in by the telly.

You might as well compare the St Mary Axe building with a generic rectangular office block, the rectangular building is more practical, cheaper to build and a better use of space but few qualify as objects of beauty in the way that St Mary does. Theres more to life than a slavish adherence to the practical.

Abitrary

bonj said:
Just what's the POINT in creations like that? :wacko: :wacko: .

I agree that trying to do anything like that completely negates the point of bicycles. Cheap disposable transport. Even my LBS bloke laughs at the nutters.

People like that should take up painting or musical instruments.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Abitrary said:
I agree that trying to do anything like that completely negates the point of bicycles. Cheap disposable transport. Even my LBS bloke laughs at the nutters.

The 'point of bicycles'? Go on, enlighten me.

I wouldn't expect 'LBS bloke' to understand art any more than I would expect the average brickie to understand haute couture.

Noodley

anyway, back to the OP....looks good. Not what I would ride or want but that is not the point. Very impressive. :wacko:

See bonj, that's the point....you do not have to understand the "point". Look beyond...:wacko:

Top Bottom