I witnessed shop lifting in Accrington's Holland & Barrett today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I love people like that... so far up themselves that they've no idea that they're actually coming across as an utter k***head. They make me happy that I'm just me :smile:

It seems to happen every Saturday these days. Last Saturday one was in gobbing off about his new Jaguar car and his 'massive' house extension. The shop's owner listens and smiles, even encourages more of this mind numbing stuff. I can't do the act of pretending to be interested in their waffling. When they start I just walk away and start tidying up or something. :tired:

DRM

Guru
It seems to happen every Saturday these days. Last Saturday one was in gobbing off about his new Jaguar car and his 'massive' house extension. The shop's owner listens and smiles, even encourages more of this mind numbing stuff. I can't do the act of pretending to be interested in their waffling. When they start I just walk away and start tidying up or something. :tired:

Probably he finds these exagerations funny, these people think they're the best, when really they're a sad joke, Harry Enfield had these types cards well & truly marked, with Frank Doberman years ago.

View: https://youtu.be/ETqncRvQHWk?si=ns3YvG96oK_vdS1k

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Probably he finds these exagerations funny, these people think they're the best, when really they're a sad joke, Harry Enfield had these types cards well & truly marked, with Frank Doberman years ago.

View: https://youtu.be/ETqncRvQHWk?si=ns3YvG96oK_vdS1k

I posted a laughing emoji as I remember those characters from the late 1990's, not because of what they said as I can't hear vids on CC now! Am I the only one who can't? 🤔

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
While in a shop in Accrington today, talking to the shop's owner I just happened to ask her to keep an eye on my car as I had the roll back roof down. She was sat near the window, so she had a better view than I had sat at the back of the shop. As I finished my sentence she jumped up and ran out, shouting that some bloke was routing in my car! I went out to see her confronting him. After a brief exchange of some choice words she came back into the shop. She said that this bloke said he was only seeing what I had on my back seat and also wondered why I had my roof down when it was raining. Er, it wasn't raining and hasn't rained all day. We both think he was after nicking my blue badge on the dashboard. Honestly, You can't take your eye off anything in that town! If you do you can guarantee someone will either steal it or attempt to steal it!!

Drago

Legendary Member
You really should put the roof up Accy.

_84841112_evans2_bonhams.jpg

Chris S

Legendary Member
It's not just Accrington.

Top Bottom