Ian May cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Lovely looking frame, graceful curve to that fork, reminds me of a Mercian Strada Speciale :smile:

c85f12889bfe86f3e16cefe08014d8a5.jpg

Shaun

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Lovely looking frame, graceful curve to that fork, reminds me of a Mercian Strada Speciale :smile:

c85f12889bfe86f3e16cefe08014d8a5.jpg

Shaun

@midlife i can see what you are saying

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just unpacked another Ian May badged machine, frame number looks to be 03325 so does not an Ian May made one .

View attachment 133162 View attachment 133163

It was the rear stays and fork profile that caught my eye.

View attachment 133164 View attachment 133165

well finally started work on this one by pulling the fork out so i could clean and re grease the Tioga headset , number stamped on steerer tube matches bottom bracket and after a bit of cleaning i can now see for drop outs are Campagnola as well so its got some pedigree just not sure by whom .

Also started stripping bottom bracket out as that feels a bit notchy

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well first ride this morning on my latest Ian May rides nice and smooth feels compact size wise , know i can start doing some gentle bedding in miles for a few days then start riding it in earnest next week .

I noticed during its recent overhaul that frame and fork numbers are the same and it takes a 27.2 mm seat post , older style nutted calipers , nice cable guides above the bottom bracket and both the forks and rear drop outs are campagnola items so its not to shabby a build just the by whom question .

WP_20160713_001.jpg
WP_20160713_005.jpg

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
You should get away with clip on 'raceblades' but IME they're a bit fragile on the 'hooky' bits.
better than nothing

gareth01244

Über Member
I have a black B17 but it looks a little to big on it, a Brooks Swift would do the job nicely but far to expensive for me to justify

Top Bottom